Yet another rebuild thread.

blasDa

Oct 21, 2015
So I guess I should start a thread to chronicle my first ever rebuild of any kind of vehicle. My free time is limited, so this is going to be a long process. Let's get started ....

Quad is stripped down, frame just got powder coated today.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Frame all prep'd.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Making it's way around the paint line (coming out of the wash & going into the dry off oven).

image.jpg
image.jpg

Fresh off the paint line. Prop's to the paintline guys at my work. They did a great job! They even stopped the line a cpl. Times while it was goin through the bake ovens to make sure it got a real good cure for me, cutting into their own piecework $$$$. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Head re-chambered following Joeak47's videos. Prop's to Joeak47. Thanks for the info!

I guess a little background would help. Lol.
It's a 1990 blaster that's been used and abused and put away dirty and parked in a barn for a few years before I grabbed it up for $350 as something to do over the winter. Here it is in the back if my truck the day I brought it home:
image.jpg

Wow looks great so far...that powder coating came out awesome . Good job on the head mod . What else do you have planned for the build ? Keep us posted

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I've been so busy with work, I have little time to do anything, & now flying season is starting (hang gliding is my passion), so even less time. But I have the bottom end ripped apart & sitting on my kitchen counter half cleaned, so hopefully I'll get to slowly rebuilding soon.

Last edited: