Yep, that's the final straw right there

yamaha28

Apr 8, 2011
It's official ladies and gentlemen, my blaster has gone and made me mad again. You know what happens when I get mad? The quad gets torn down and parted out. Now that you are in shock 8-| let me tell you what happened.

I was putting it all back together with the new crank from Ken, the cases were together with everything going fine. Then I go to put on the primary drive gear, the manual calls for 40ft pounds, so that's what I am cranking it too. It starts to feel strange, I almost pooped myself, then I checked it. Yep, that's stripped. I:I (sarcastic thumbs up there)

I know I can just replace the tranny from the other bottom end I have, but I am just fed up with it. I have thrown so much money at this quad to try and have some fun riding it and racing it, but instead has become my living nightmare.

So fellow blaster brothers, I will be putting up a part out thread when I get the bike torn down and parts separated into groups. Literally everything will be for sale.

This is not just based on that one stripped nut mind you. I have balanced on the edge of part out for a while now. Just this past week I have made it my goal to save up $10,000 by the end of the summer. Dumping more time and money into this quad is not going in the right direction either. A part out would give me a good start to that goal too.

I have not given up racing all together. I still hope to find a season and race something, maybe a bike? That's all in the future and beyond my control. Whatever falls into place will, just like the blaster fell into my lap.

Thanks for everything my blaster fellows! I will stick around on this forum just as much as before, just because I love helping people out and seeing whats the going on's. There is no doubt in my mind that I will own another blaster over the summer, it's just a matter of finding one. I do not regret any part of this build because it has taught me so damn much, such as let Ken build my racing motor.

-Yamaha28

If there is no doing in your mind that you will have another Blaster this summer, what's the point in ditching yours now? You will only end up with someone else's problem and be dealing with the same sh*t again.

Unless you are just saying that for hope, and not intensely making it a plan?

You have had plenty of motor problems, why didn't you just have Ken assemble everything Completely this time and just bolt up and ride?

I know what's it's like dealing with stripped out sh*t on the ride..every time I go to work on a new part of mine something is stripped or seized.

If there is no doing in your mind that you will have another Blaster this summer, what's the point in ditching yours now? You will only end up with someone else's problem and be dealing with the same sh*t again.

Unless you are just saying that for hope, and not intensely making it a plan?

You have had plenty of motor problems, why didn't you just have Ken assemble everything Completely this time and just bolt up and ride?

I know what's it's like dealing with stripped out sh*t on the ride..every time I go to work on a new part of mine something is stripped or seized.

More like a hope, I enjoy working on them and gaining the experience, but this blaster is a money pit for me that I can't stop.

I can't stomach the cost of Ken assembling it for me now, maybe a rebuild ago I could have, but I don't want any more money into this machine.

More like a hope, I enjoy working on them and gaining the experience, but this blaster is a money pit for me that I can't stop.

I can't stomach the cost of Ken assembling it for me now, maybe a rebuild ago I could have, but I don't want any more money into this machine.

Understood..

I don't know my way around the inside of the engine, or what part you are even talking about, but was it definitely 40 FOOT pounds and not inch pounds?

Just park that biotch in the shed and forget about it. Down the road you will be think with all the work and money, I should of kept it. On a side note, if your dead set on this, I want the hood.lol.

this is a sad day !
all i gotta say

I agree! Keep it an let her sit for awhile....... You have a nice lookin blasty, but everyone knos the fustrations in owning a quad. Dont let your hard work and money go down the drain, wait it out an see. That way you can save money and still have her around :)

Dang, really feeling sympathy for you right about now. From a brand new top end being chewed up to this, I'd feel like a big, steaming pile of sh*t, and I bet you do too. Sorry to hear about it man. sh*t like this happens to everyone eventually. Whichever way you want to go from here is completely based on you. Do what you feel is right.

Like Joe Dirt always says, "Keep on Keeping on! Life's a garden, DIG IT!"

See you around, brother! I:I

Man, I feel for you. It's up to you what you do with the blaster, no one can control that. But, when dealing with high performance (or moderate performance) engines, sh*t like this happens!

u know eventually, nothing elese will go wrong, because it is all fixed lol I:I

u know. just make sure this is your final desision. sad to see that u put all this time and money and a lot of bs and to get this thing almost running, and just walk away. i mean that in no offense at all. im js. if u have the part, i would swap it out and try it. u never know. sometimes an opturnity will only present its self one time in your life. when the opturnity came for me to race, i took it. cause if it wasent then, it would be never. dont be sorry, u gave it your best to try and get out there and ride with me, and thats still pretty awesome! but make sure this is your final desision. something else might come up in your life like collage that will most likly not allow u to do anything like this. What ever you choose to do, Good Luck! and thanks trying to get out with me. (srry if that sounded weird lol)

Alrighty, I appreciate all the comments. Let me take a second look at the motor. I may end up fixing this eventually BUT, I don't think I will be racing it. It's just not worth me destroying anything else on it if I crash or abuse it on the track. That being said even if I do fix it, I don't need all those aftermarket parts, so the part out is still on. I will keep the engine and take my time fixing it whenever I get the time to. But all the body parts will be for sale tomorrow in a thread!

Alrighty, I appreciate all the comments. Let me take a second look at the motor. I may end up fixing this eventually BUT, I don't think I will be racing it. It's just not worth me destroying anything else on it if I crash or abuse it on the track. That being said even if I do fix it, I don't need all those aftermarket parts, so the part out is still on. I will keep the engine and take my time fixing it whenever I get the time to. But all the body parts will be for sale tomorrow in a thread!

well do u think u can still make it to the practice? or even a practice? cause u have ur ama card, and all u need id to pay entree fee. i would try the track at least once if i were you, and see how u like it. but thats totally up to u. if you still want to do a practice, let me know, and ill be there.