Yamasaki?!

Nov 28, 2012
here is a i beleive to be a 1975 kx 125 frame with a 1990 yamaha blaster engine on it.. I built this bike..if you have any questions about it i will be more than happy to answer them.I:I

Attachments

• NICKS DIRTBIKE.jpg
    NICKS DIRTBIKE.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 144
  • NICKS DIRTBIKE2.jpg
    NICKS DIRTBIKE2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 179
Cool build! Bet that thing flys with the Blaster engine in there.

Do I spy a blue Lauson or Clinton engine on something in the background in the second pic?

Cool build! Bet that thing flys with the Blaster engine in there.

Do I spy a blue Lauson or Clinton engine on something in the background in the second pic?

this is an older pic of the dirtbike i think its a couple years old actually, it was geared extremly low in this pic, the sprockets that are on this bike are factory for the frame, not the engine, thats a 60 tooth sprocket in the back made of somesort of aluminum, i later cut it because the teeth were breaking off.. i was able to bolt a smaller sprocket around 40 teeth to it that is made of steel that acutally came with my blaster the engine it came off of... now this bike has a 1978 ski-doo 440 snowmobile carb on it, i didnt even have to change the intake boot it squeezed in with a little work. the carb doesnt have a choke but it has a primer bulb on the handbars that pulls gass directly for the tank. i didnt even have to jet it but the only thing that i did was richen the gas by raising the needle on the slide. I think it was lean because although the carb came off of a 440 the jets wernt made to run oil through them, only gas because it was oil injected. but that one carb ran two cylinders on that snowmobile so i thought it would be okay on the dirtbike.

As for the engine in the back round im not exactly sure what type it was but im pretty sure it was a tecumseh, it was actually a sears generator that i took from our motor home that we sold awhile back. i no longer have it though because the generator it self went out but motor ran great.

I like it, especially the custom graphic on the tank! I:I

yeah i know a guy that owns a screenprinting business and he made that for me for free.. i came up with the design and colors, The green tank representing kawasaki, the blue and grey on decal to represent yamaha, and black border to represent kawasaki again...

Nice Build Nick! That pipe looks to just fit under the tank!

yeah, i unfortionatly had to dent the pipe a little so it would clear the support bar that is actually lower than the tank. but you cant see in these photos... i plan on posting more pictures of it when i ride it in the spring and summer.. but until then it now needs tires and seat cover.. REALLY BAD