yamalube 2S or 2R ?

cpopanz

Oct 15, 2012
Colfax, Ca
ok guys, this may have already been beaten to death, but, my '01 Blaster has been converted to pre-mix. the old owner used yamalube 2R-damn good stuff imo. I also have a 1997 yamaha RT-180 that i use the Yamalube 2S in the injector. why cant i run 2R in the autolube of the RT? I'm NOT going to pre-mix 2S in the Blaster. oil viscosity between the two seem to be the same. they both pour the same. i dont want to buy 2 different oils if i can help it. tail pipe spooge seems to be more on the RT than the Blaster. has anyone just said screw it and ran 2R in an injector with no ill side effects ? all b/s aside, what really is the difference ?

those oils are probably good and all, but if you are going to stick with injection on the rt then use what you have been using. if you are going to pre-mix the blasty then find a good oil for mixing. klotz, maxima super m, bel-ray, etc. that injector oil should be used for injected setups and that's it.

thanks for the reply Jon. i take it you are not a big fan of yamalube R ?

nah, i'm not downing yamalube. if you're using it in the rt then keep using what works. just that if you plan to delete your injection on the blaster you will need a good oil that allows you to pre-mix. the yamaha lube is injection only iirc.