Yamaha Blaster

yfs200r

Mar 10, 2013
Hi I just got a blaster and its fully stock . Im looking to increase its power without putting alote of money into it . Im just waiting to get a lil more experience so I could get a yfz450 . Any suggestions ? Plz help . ThanksB)

I did exactly what your planing on doing, got a 06 bone stock Blaster and put so much money into it, raced in the Open ATV class against all 450's. Then I bought a new YFZ 450R and loved it!!! If I were you just save your money for a 450, keep you Blaster because they are endangered species!!!

Well, generally speaking "more power" and "cheap" don't go together well. However, here's a few ideas to get you started:

-Remove airbox lid: $ Free
-# 250 main jet to compensate for no airbox lid (a must-have): $ 5.00
-Head Mod: ~ $ 60.00
-Good used aftermarket pipe: $ 150.00
-# 300 - 320 main jet for aftermarket pipe: $ 15.00
-Uni air filter: $ 25.00

That'll give you a good start to a quicker Blaster on a budget. Then do some reading on here and your possibilities are limitless! I:I

Well, generally speaking "more power" and "cheap" don't go together well. However, here's a few ideas to get you started:

-Remove airbox lid: $ Free
-# 250 main jet to compensate for no airbox lid (a must-have): $ 5.00
-Head Mod: ~ $ 60.00
-Good used aftermarket pipe: $ 150.00
-# 300 - 320 main jet for aftermarket pipe: $ 15.00
-Uni air filter: $ 25.00

That'll give you a good start to a quicker Blaster on a budget. Then do some reading on here and your possibilities are limitless! I:I

Excellent post!
I totally agree, but you forgot $15 for 4 plugs to do your plug chop to set your jetting with.
This $270 will have you flying high with over 30hp in a 300 lb machine, you might want to look into a $50 rear shock and KOR $20 bushing mod.

There is more power available yet, but this is cheap and easy.
A lot easier and cheaper to maintain a Blaster than a 450.

Steve