yamaha blaster wont run... im clueless

khank1995

Jul 29, 2012
Hey guys I have a freshly rebuilt Blaster engine with 125 compression, good reeds, the timing is dot to dot, good plugs, good carb (I swapped the plug and carb from my other blaster) good gas, oil pump is working, good oil, and great spark.

My problem is that it wont run it wants to run it will pop and back fire for some reason when im kicking it. another odd thing is that I had this machine running for about 5 minutes strait running great then it slowly died and wouldnt start.

The blaster also has a fmf gold series and powercore 2 if that would have anything to do with it and im pretty sure it is jetted I wouldnt know for sure though cause I bought it with it on.

Yeah it does sound like it could be a gas related problem, make sure you have fuel flowing through the gas delivery hose. Also check your plug, I know you said its new but you might have fouled it.

Hey guys I have a freshly rebuilt Blaster engine with 125 compression, good reeds, the timing is dot to dot, good plugs, good carb (I swapped the plug and carb from my other blaster) good gas, oil pump is working, good oil, and great spark.

My problem is that it wont run it wants to run it will pop and back fire for some reason when im kicking it. another odd thing is that I had this machine running for about 5 minutes strait running great then it slowly died and wouldnt start.

The blaster also has a fmf gold series and powercore 2 if that would have anything to do with it and im pretty sure it is jetted I wouldnt know for sure though cause I bought it with it on.

Unless you check how would you know, there are many drongos out there who do not realise that you have to jet for a different pipe.