yamaha blaster idle screw location

josh b

May 4, 2015
hi, im new to the site and im new to my 1991 yamaha blaster. i have done some fix ups but what i really want to know is where the idle screw is located. i have heard its on the side the choke is on but the hole for a screw has no thread??? and the other side has threaded hole for a screw but im not sure if that is for the idle screw or not.
20150504_180954.jpg
20150504_181051.jpg

hi, im new to the site and im new to my 1991 yamaha blaster. i have done some fix ups but what i really want to know is where the idle screw is located. i have heard its on the side the choke is on but the hole for a screw has no thread??? and the other side has threaded hole for a screw but im not sure if that is for the idle screw or not.View attachment 22945 View attachment 22946

the stock carb body has no idle screw, it's located on top of the TORS box on top of the carb, accessed from under the seat, lift rubber flap and look down under fuel tank.

an actual idle screw can be added and is included in some TORS removal kits from motion pro and vitos

will it cause the atv to run like crap if its not blocked off?

YES, from the huge airleak that unblocked nipple is, throwing the air/fuel mixture into rocket fuel scramble eggs and piston mode

YES, from the huge airleak that unblocked nipple is, throwing the air/fuel mixture into rocket fuel scramble eggs and piston mode
\
Ok so what should i use to block it? and so the openings on the sides of the carb don't need to be blocked off or have bolts in them?

get vacum plugs at a auto parts strore for like 3 bucks for a ton of them,to block off oil injection nipple:)
are you premixing at 32:1 ??

carb plus idle 1 1 1 big 1.jpg

\
Ok so what should i use to block it? and so the openings on the sides of the carb don't need to be blocked off or have bolts in them?

the choke side of carb has a locking screw tab that atteches to the top cover/yours is missing.
but to answer your question...no you dont need to block anything off:except oil injection nipple:)
premix your fuel if no oil injection is present:)

only the oil injection nipple needs blocked off, there are 2 vents that have/should have short hoses facing down, and the drain at the rear that is blocked off when the drain screw is closed, all the others are blocked off

only the oil injection nipple needs blocked off, there are 2 vents that have/should have short hoses facing down, and the drain at the rear that is blocked off when the drain screw is closed, all the others are blocked off
so i blocked the oil injector pot but now it doesn't want to start, could this be because the spark plug is all black?