yamaha blaster carb??:(

darrendee09

Jan 7, 2010
as some of you know, inside the carb near the top, there is a thing coming down from were the idling screw is, it should come out of the carb, right! wel mines is stuck, any ideas of how i could get it out?? i dont know very much about quads :? the quad is standard except for a fmf power pipe
please get back to me asap

mabey some pb blaster and pliers woudl get it done. i dont understand how that can be stuck unless the groove the pin lines up with got jacked up or something.

th last time i took it out, the big screwy thing woudn tighten properly so i screwed it tight with a pair of vice crisps... n then thee quad wouldnt start??
i was stupid i know
i've tried with pliers, but i wus scared in case i damaged it?? wud it make a differance

Dude, It sounds like you put it in the wrong way and then forced it. Normally it would slide in and out very easily, but it is possible to put it in wrong (180 degrees out) and only part way. You are gonna have to force it out but it will be ugly. I think in that case I would put a large screwdriver in the throat to apply some upward force on the slide. Don't blame me if you F___ it up though. You might try padding the tip with some duct tape.

your screwed your messed up your piston in your carb slide when you over torqued down your idle adjustment just yank it out with a pair of pliers it already messed up.