Yamaha Blaster 1999

Is my Blaster done for unless I take it to a mechanic?

• seized piston?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • crank rod?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have it disassembled and all i have to do is remove the piston and wait for my kit. Then I just put it back together. Is there many adjustments needed to be made prior to starting and is there any adjustments needed to be made when ran? What oil should I run? Should I mix oil, will that help with overheating? How often should oil be drained? Over all what's the maintenance I have to do to keep it from doing what it did?

Is there an echo?

buy cometic or OEM gaskets only
leak test it
set float height and idle
jet it properly
mix oil if you dont want injection - any quality oil works
change oil at least every 10 hours
dont be an idiot

that last one is important though

Reactions: DeJay1206
Lets back the truck up. ok, you fried your motor. You said head and piston are bad. Before you dive in. Can we please see pics of the head piston and cylinder?

You can throw a million top ends on it. if you don't solve the issues it has you will be forever rebuilding it. It is apart now. NOW is the time to get the pics up and let us help you. step by step.

My prediction is that he puts the same size piston in it that he took out, without measuring the bore, puts it all back together without doing a leakdown test, and fries the topend again because of a leaking crank seal. All because he didn't want to "gamble" the money on a leakdown tester when the problem might be something else.

Stfu. I'm getting a leak tester kit and I bought a new jug and piston kit and I'm rebuilding it and getting your guys opinion and information on what I should do. Pictures are coming.

Piston

Attachments

• IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 167