Yamaha banshee is it worth it?

stock, they aint the best for trails
but if you upgrade the suspension, with like better shocks, +2+1 arms, and an antivibe stem, they are a lot better.
but i trail ride a stock suspension shee without a problem, just beats the body up.

also what you going to do with it?
you can get great power out of them. the options are endless.

weeeeeeell how much you buying this banshee for? i wouldnt mind one if the price was right, but i think for trails a modded blaster can be more fun.

weeeeeeell how much you buying this banshee for? i wouldnt mind one if the price was right, but i think for trails a modded blaster can be more fun.

I know a blaster is way more fun for trails. I just want something a little faster. Hopefully one will pop up on craigslist or something for under 3500 lol. i was also looking at a 250r that needed a chain and carb clean for about 500. but idk yet.

stock, they aint the best for trails
but if you upgrade the suspension, with like better shocks, +2+1 arms, and an antivibe stem, they are a lot better.
but i trail ride a stock suspension shee without a problem, just beats the body up.

also what you going to do with it?
you can get great power out of them. the options are endless.

mostly trail riding.

where you live??? i can find banshee all the time for under 2K.

also a 250r would be a good trail quad. and $500 isn't a bad deal if all it needs is a chain.

drive up to cincy, $1900 for a banshee with a vitos 404 kit. has FMF pipes and the rest is pretty much stock.

the banshees have a ton of power and are really fast, they dont handle as bad as everyone thinks but its still not that great. if your going to be riding mostly trails and wont ever have it topped out anyway then dont bother spending money on one. and if your gonna be riding a track at all get something else unless your gonna get a/m shocks and a arms. i took my banshee to a track and on my third lap i blew the back shock, and it was really tippy with stock a arms. im trading it for a 2005 yfz450 now!!! plus there one of the heavier sport quads out there so thats a downside.

the banshees have a ton of power and are really fast, they dont handle as bad as everyone thinks but its still not that great. if your going to be riding mostly trails and wont ever have it topped out anyway then dont bother spending money on one. and if your gonna be riding a track at all get something else unless your gonna get a/m shocks and a arms. i took my banshee to a track and on my third lap i blew the back shock, and it was really tippy with stock a arms. im trading it for a 2005 yfz450 now!!! plus there one of the heavier sport quads out there so thats a downside.

So what did you use yours for?

a lot of people trail ride them. i do a little of everything with mine.
the stockish one has been on many types of trails groomed, rocky, clay, sandy, ect.
it has been to the dunes (silver lake). it has been dragged race for fun.

you just have to learn how to ride them for the trails, it really isn't that hard. but they are a little rough on the body in stock form, reason for all new shocks.

So what did you use yours for?

there some small dunes around where i live. its like 10,000 acres of sand pits and feilds and trails, and it was great for that. but im gonna be gettin into MX riding and the i dont wanna dump money into the banshee to get it ready for that. so im trading for a yfz. plus i like the 4 stroke bottom end power on the track.

a lot of people trail ride them. i do a little of everything with mine.
the stockish one has been on many types of trails groomed, rocky, clay, sandy, ect.
it has been to the dunes (silver lake). it has been dragged race for fun.

you just have to learn how to ride them for the trails, it really isn't that hard. but they are a little rough on the body in stock form, reason for all new shocks.

Yeah, I probably am going to get one. or maybe a 250r...

Zomg get that 250r if all it needs is a chain. You could make some money off that deal...

Banshees are pretty good trail quads. If you get one thats just piped and jetted its still pretty good on the trail because its narrow. I only took mine riding like 2x on the trails but it did a great job.

Hill climbs are no problem and The ground clearance was better than my yfz.

Id say its better for trails than the blaster, its alot more comfortable thats for sure. It has a wayyyyy better rear shock on it than a blaster.

I think you should get it. If you do get it make sure your carbs are sync'd and make sure it starts first or 2 kick. Oh and get a 1inch extended throttle lever. It makes it wayyy easier to push the throttle.

Banshees are pretty good trail quads. If you get one thats just piped and jetted its still pretty good on the trail because its narrow. I only took mine riding like 2x on the trails but it did a great job.

Hill climbs are no problem and The ground clearance was better than my yfz.

Id say its better for trails than the blaster, its alot more comfortable thats for sure. It has a wayyyyy better rear shock on it than a blaster.

I think you should get it. If you do get it make sure your carbs are sync'd and make sure it starts first or 2 kick. Oh and get a 1inch extended throttle lever. It makes it wayyy easier to push the throttle.

Well I am going to look at a banshee tomorrow.