yamaha banshee 01

BLASTER POWER

Mar 20, 2008
Ireland
hi bought a 01 banshee nearly 2 weeks ago for €1400 with a trailor.
havent had much of a look at it been messing around on it :L
but i cant barely press the throttle or it cuts out i notice the left side of the carb is all coverd in petrol/2stroke an it seems there is more smoke coming from the left side exhaust.. any sugestions before i take it apart?
this is .10 over and all stock tors is still on it
i know this is blaster forum cant find gd info anyere else doh :D
thanks

so did you do the basics first like clean the carb..
make sure the float is not sticking.
check the jetting.
new plugs.
and check the reeds too

the floats sticking is a very common problem with the banshee but it would not effect the revving of the motor.

no i havent touched it yet the sparkplugs are brandnew i was thinkin its possibly jetting or it needs new reeds!

i was on that banshee HQ not near as helpful or as gd info compared to this
site I:I

Check your float height? Is the left carb leaking gas out? When you have the carb off check the reeds. Sounds like the float height is off and letting gas run into the cylinder. Put in new new plugs and see if that helps. As far as the tight throttle that is a banshee thing, you are trying to lift two slides instead of one. But lube the cable and see if that helps. Mine has a brand new cable on it and it's hard.

okay tanx

yeah its the left side, no its not that its hard to press when i first push it the qad stops
i have to press the throtttle hard or it will die out it idles grand tough

the smoking more on one side could be a bad gasket...but usually its the right side that smokes more (i think)

Things to check are:
1)Float height
2)Jetting
3)Carb Sync (both sides must be in perfect unison; slide height, cable adjustment, jetting and air screw adjustment)
4)Compression(both sides must be withing 5psi of each other, preferably closer than that
5)Float bowl are on correct carb...yes there is a left and right bowl
6)choke crossover tube is installed correctly
7)Good idea to do a leakdown test for air leaks.

sorry man but your wrong there, a banshee with perfectly synced carbs will smoke the same amount through both pipes

noo...im saying if there is a bad gasket it will leak coolant into the head which usually causes the right side to smoke more.....i wasnt talking about a good gasket i was talking about a bad one

Yea do what wildcard said. If for reason you have to take the clutch cover off check the idler gear that the kick starter hits to start. cuz the bushing in that gear goes bad and will eat everything up on that side and ruin both cases, yea i know its alittle off topic but its a common issue with the banshees.