XS400 powered blaster

smilesyota

Apr 3, 2011
So i bought a 02 blaster with a blown motor for 300 bucks. Then i traded a 74 cb350 for a 82 xs400 which i got running good and removed the engine and cut the blaster in half and made it fit. Now all the little things have to be done to finish it off and make it look a little better.

pics
IMG_6608 pictures from motor sports photos on webshots

vid of test burnout before hitting the streets of boston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out for a test drive in boston. Trying out mt new go pro camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
So i bought a 02 blaster with a blown motor for 300 bucks. Then i traded a 74 cb350 for a 82 xs400 which i got running good and removed the engine and cut the blaster in half and made it fit. Now all the little things have to be done to finish it off and make it look a little better.

pics
IMG_6608 pictures from motor sports photos on webshots

vid of test burnout before hitting the streets of boston.
YouTube - XS 400 powered yamaha blaster test

What did you do with the "blown" engine?

looks liike it runs pretty good, and that little ramp leading to "joes auto" makes a good place to duck into if being chased !!!!!!

Thanks. Ive got new brake setup from norm420 in the mail. the old motor was blown when i bought it for 300$ still have the motor.

So I've been riding for a couple of months and it has held togeather good but the street carbs dont like the harsh landings and steep inclines. Does anyone know what diameter the carbs are on a raptor 660?

could you have found a heavier lowtech motor for the swap?

whats next an iron sportster engine

Not to be too negative but a RD250 twin probably has a higher power to weight ratio

Just traded my snowmobile for a blaster with same motor but from a 77. Havent rode it yet due to needing tie rods and ends but now i especially cant wait!