XC or Hare scramble racing setups

hatcher_matt

Feb 1, 2009
Any one out there run XC or harescrables??
here what I got and would like an idea of where to start with setup
engine
LRD pipe, V-force 3, 28mm carb, mild porting, boared .020, plained the head
.025, oil block off 50/50 race gas mix. no air box lid
Front suspesion
+2 armadillo a-arms, elka shocks, steering stablizer, +2 lonestar steering stem, honda style tie rod ends, hydro brakes, bead locks, pro taper bars
Rear suspension
stock swing arm, g-force adjustable axle, elka rear, hydro brakes, bead locks, stock sprockets
frame
gusseted and a few mods for brakes ect
any thing anyone else can think that would help or just set up stuff would be great
thanks
matt

it looks like a good setup and you got good suspension too which is great,remember,in xc you want great bottom end and it isnt much about how fast or how strong your bike is,is about how you can survive,take it easy and survive the race,if you go full out and try to get up front real fast you will tire yourself, take your time in the race and best of all HAVE FUN!I:I

Any one out there run XC or harescrables??
here what I got and would like an idea of where to start with setup
engine
LRD pipe, V-force 3, 28mm carb, mild porting, boared .020, plained the head
.025, oil block off 50/50 race gas mix. no air box lid
Front suspesion
+2 armadillo a-arms, elka shocks, steering stablizer, +2 lonestar steering stem, honda style tie rod ends, hydro brakes, bead locks, pro taper bars
Rear suspension
stock swing arm, g-force adjustable axle, elka rear, hydro brakes, bead locks, stock sprockets
frame
gusseted and a few mods for brakes ect
any thing anyone else can think that would help or just set up stuff would be great
thanks
matt

lets see some pics of it

will get pics on as soon as frame is back from powder coating hopefully next week. I will take pics as it goes together. lol first race is april 26!!! hopefully will be done with time to spare!!!

Just got frame back havn't had time to work on it will add more pics as I go. a few updates a week maybe

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

make sure u got some good tires too for tracrion......kenda klaws would be good for rears sense they hook up good in the lose soil and maxxis razrsa are excellent front tires for steering

powder coating was 250 for frame a arms swing arms and some others that included sand blasting

for tires I got kenda klaw xc front and rear

looks good...just make sure u dont go full out until the last lap...try to keep track of time somehow so u know when its close to over....the rest of the race go 3/4 throttle

got her going finally working on enigine break in. here is a few pics before the plastics on
will get more asap when ready to ride
IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

get as much time as possible on the ne setup before you race..if the hare scrambles ar anything like the national hare and hounds I used to do, there is no prerunning, your always on unfamiliar territory. to do that well you need to really know and trust your bike, because by the time you think about how your going to hit something its too late. get the suspension dialed and trust it.

it will also make you a much better rider. the races I did, the course would take you down hills, and you would follow the course without thinking... later on you realize that if you were just out riding.. you wouldn't even consider going down the same hill.. like you wouldnt wonder if you could make it...more like your still riding looking for a way down

thanks guys. yeah it's 20 kenda klaw xc. 8 in rims make it look big. looking into getting allot of seat time in the next few weeks. working on shock set up now lol taking tons of notes I've got 2 weeks off work before the first race. lol a few days of turkey hunting and lots of seat time