Worn Clutch and Beer

G

gsx2004

I have an 88' blaster which has run well forever with little to no money spent into it. Finally the clutch recently went and i decided to take apart the left side cover of the engine one night (flywheel side). I got as far as removing the cover and attempting to remove the large nut by inserting a strong screwdriver into one of the empty holes to stop the flywheel from turning. It wasn't long until the screwdriver sheared off into the flywheel and i was stumped what to do. I am unsure how i can remove the piece of screwdriver and now erlize that the clutch is on the other side of the motor anyway.

Any help would be appreciated I am new at this but i am willing to experiment.

try a really powerful magnet...or take the flywheel off with an impact gun take out the piece and then put it back on with the impact.

LMAO...to much tea or what???lol

hahaha it turned into an interesting night. If i take an impact gun to the nut will the flywheel spin? I am not sure what is directly behind the flywheel but i hope nothing is damaged behind it. I believe the magneto is behind it.

nope there is a wooddruff key that holds the flywheel in place. then you will need a puller to pull it off... OR you might accidently be able to get it off by LIGHTLY tapping in 4 corners on the flywheel.