Wires.. Wires

Yeah, keep the 3 wires going to the CDI. That wire in the pic should be the ground for the handlebar kill switch. See where it goes, and if it ties into the ground wire on the bike, keep it.

i dont understand a diagram, so it's useless lol. But what u gonna let that harness go for rob?

do you want one thats already moded or stock and if you want it moded what do you want to keep like the key switch or the on off switch on the handle bars, lights let me know how you want it and i can do it and give it to you $20 shipped

Braptor are you sure that's a ground one? its a black wire hanging from the killswitch but idk what it plugs into? could you at any time take a picture of what your harness looks like brapty?

this is what my wire harness looks like this is basic just CDI, STATOR, COIL, GROUND, AND KEY SWITCH
5012-wire-harness.jpg

^That works! I just don't bother with the key because I want a kill switch that's a finger's reach away at all times. Just in case my throttle slide should hang open. I don't wanna be doing 40+ MPH and trying to fumble for a key to turn it off! Lol.

Ok, I see what's got you confused. The red plug you are dealing with is for the headlights. There are three wires in that red plug...Power, high, and low beam. These aren't needed if you are getting rid of the light wiring.

The wires in the pic for the kill switch are black, and black with a white chaser. These are all you need to stop the engine. Look at your handlebar switch assembly on your Blaster. There is the red plug you are seeing, as well as another black wire. Keep the black wire. Leave the plug alone; you don't need it. It is for the headlight only.

ok i looked at the wires again. The picture i took were the wire next to red plug is the one with the white chaser. But no other black wire? Just the black wire the goesfrom the kill switch to the red plug?

Braptor or anyone? like i dont understand diagrams, but does anyone have pics of what the harness would look like slimmed down to the least possible amount of wires on the quad without tape?

I'll try to get you a better pic. You're on the right track. (Just be patient; I'm at work right now and can only get on the computer now and then).

The black wire with the white chaser is the one you need. This your kill switch wire; it goes from the CDI box to the handlebar switch. When you flip the switch, the wire is grounded out and you lose spark. Simple.

Here's a vid I made on how to remove the TORS system. It shows the harness un-taped and may help you figure out how to cut and get rid of wires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I got further in my re wire but im stuck again. since i cut the frame ground the goes to the ignition coil, I guess i snipped the entire wire off. Idk where it goes. Like did it connest to a crimp? Or was it a plug in wire?..... One more question. I have 1 black wire on the CDI box thats just hanging there. It's a soild black wire. Idk where it would go. I looked at a diagram numerous times and couldnt figure it out.

Ok. I got further in my re wire but im stuck again. since i cut the frame ground the goes to the ignition coil, I guess i snipped the entire wire off. Idk where it goes. Like did it connect to a crimp? Or was it a plug in wire?..... One more question. I have 1 black wire on the CDI box thats just hanging there. It's a soild black wire. Idk where it would go. I looked at a diagram numerous times and couldnt figure it out.

Ok, you're getting there. The solid black wire from the CDI box is a ground wire that attaches to the common ground on the frame. The same one you accidentally cut. The ground wire that goes to the coil is spliced into the main harness at a crimp connector. When you get done, you're only gonna have one ground wire for the bike, so just run the soild black wire from the CDI box to the ground terminal on the ignition coil. All the other ground wires can be snipped out. All u gotta do is ground the CDI box to the frame. Hope that clears stuff up.