will this fit my blaster

if you are a big guy like 250+ that thing will work ok for your blaster. its going to be much better than stock no matter how much you weigh but unless ur that big id just go with the 400ex or 250r shock

yeah thats perfect , if you couple that with a extended swinger it will soften up due to the extra length of the swingarm and you'll float like a bee .

actually if you get a 250r shock that is 85 or older its too tall by like 3-3 1/2 inches so i believe its 86 and newer trx shock and 87 and newer atc shock

i ran the 450r shock for 2 seasons and luv'd it, i'm around 185lbs, only reason i took it off was i got a works ultracross for a good price
you'll need to cut off the kicker side, fender mount and the tab off the frame to clear the rezzie, the 450's rezzie sits to one side, unlike the 400ex rezzie which is centered, and they both rub the airbox, it'll need a new smaller top bolt, and new holes drilled in the bottom mounts for the new larger pin
great upgrade over stock, and definately get kens bushings,

i havent rode awks bike yet hehe mabey one day but when he had that 450r rear shock i sat on it and it wasnt stiff at all fe3lt like floating compared to mine the differnce in riding it im not sure i know it was a smooth sitin

you have to trim the plastics alittle infront of the airbox and cut off one of the mounting tab for the back plastics. but nothing seriouse. buy the bushing kit from kenoconnorracing.com makes life ez

is that only for the 450 or do you have to trim for the 400 too ?
you have to trim the plastics alittle infront of the airbox and cut off one of the mounting tab for the back plastics. but nothing seriouse. buy the bushing kit from kenoconnorracing.com makes life ez

yes, only the 450r needs the mount cut off the frame, because of the offset rezzie, and i ran mine with a stock swinger and luv'd it, also, theres a brass nut type thingy down in the airbox, thats what the lid bolt threads into, when i had my stock airbox, that brass "nut" is held in place by a screw from the bottom, it started wearing thru the rezzie, pretty deep before i caught it, from rubbing, i removed the screw and brass nut to stop that, then just used a bigger sheet metal screw for the lid, so IMO, the 400ex is an easier mod for the same shock
heres a pic that shows the mount cut off.................
30l32vd.jpg

i havent rode awks bike yet hehe mabey one day but when he had that 450r rear shock i sat on it and it wasnt stiff at all fe3lt like floating compared to mine the differnce in riding it im not sure i know it was a smooth sitin

my buddies 450r stock shock just seems really stiff to me and thats on a 450 i figured it would be way to stiff on a blaster cause of the weight difference

Prob cause it has a link. My friend has 1 on his blaster and its smooth as can b. Worlds better than stock. Plus all these people with 400ex shocks r usin a identical shock to this

i agree, i believe they are the same shock, but the rezzie was offset for the 450 intake, and they may feel softer on our bikes because the angle is different from the honda's

yes, only the 450r needs the mount cut off the frame, because of the offset rezzie, and i ran mine with a stock swinger and luv'd it, also, theres a brass nut type thingy down in the airbox, thats what the lid bolt threads into, when i had my stock airbox, that brass "nut" is held in place by a screw from the bottom, it started wearing thru the rezzie, pretty deep before i caught it, from rubbing, i removed the screw and brass nut to stop that, then just used a bigger sheet metal screw for the lid, so IMO, the 400ex is an easier mod for the same shock
heres a pic that shows the mount cut off.................
30l32vd.jpg

hey thanks that help alot