Widening kit?

those pictures are of two different disigns. the first one has the plates outside on the mounting bracket on the upper arms and the second one has them on the inside.....differnt shock converstion as well

I know, I assume that is the bends in the kit he was talking about though. I had not seen that kit until then.

im not a huge fan of any brackets, on my 06 grizz that i had the lift kit from gorilla had those kind of lift/widening brackets, couldnt go over 15mph (per instructions) and just seemed really flimsy. i think ill just stick with either flippin the wheels or arms. if it works out for you then kudos, but i wont do it.

will it only flipped easy caz of the height im guessing im sure if it was a s low as a blaster it wouldnt flip

I just made a set for myself out of 3/16" plate and grade 8 hardware. Please don't try to use anything less than that. I have a '98' and it is now 6" wider. Works great and only cost me about $8 in hardware, $10 in plate and 1 hour of cnc laser programing and cut time (my time).
The only problem I ran into was making longer tie rods. I had to order a new left handed tap to create these. (Not included in the cost above.)
I will try to post pics later tonight.

widening kits and spacers are junk IMO. you may be saving a few bucks now, but in teh end you will end up spending more if they fail. save the little bit of extra $$$ and get yourself a set of wider arms. you will be happier in the long run.

underwaterboy, you may want to take a step back and look at the front of your ATV a little harder. what happens if you smack a log, stump, or rock with those front brake rotors that are completely exposed? i see a bad idea turning into a really bad situation when youre stuck in the woods because your front wheels wont rotate.

you cant deny the sexiness of some nice arms/shocks.......

Blaster.jpg

widening kits and spacers are junk IMO. you may be saving a few bucks now, but in teh end you will end up spending more if they fail. save the little bit of extra $$$ and get yourself a set of wider arms. you will be happier in the long run.

underwaterboy, you may want to take a step back and look at the front of your ATV a little harder. what happens if you smack a log, stump, or rock with those front brake rotors that are completely exposed? i see a bad idea turning into a really bad situation when youre stuck in the woods because your front wheels wont rotate.

I have to agree. Retail price for those is significantly less than a nice set of arms BUT - still not a handful of change. Not worth the money. Especially to have 4 extra stress points on your front suspension.

Spend the cash and buy arms. That way you'll have matching tie rods too.

those kits are CRAP..... take a look at any GOOD handleing ATV chassis.. the front section is skinny... the closer the lower a arms mounting point are the better it'll handle and less prone to bump steer.. a wide front section will make that thing handle like sh*t.. not to mention they are dangerous... spend your $$ on a arms and shocks.. these kits are a tpic on alot of forums.. but the trth is they are JUNK JUNK JUNK.. about as useful as front wheel spacers..

i understand everyones views and opinions, but have any of u guys used the kit?, i had the +6 kit with the shock conversion and i BEAT the holy hell outta it and the only prob i had was a broken tie rod extension, but the kit itself is still flawless, as mentioned up above, u do lose quite abit of turning radius and it does add some weight to the front end, but other than that i didnt think it was too bad of a setup. i would still recommend saving the cash and get some AM aarms, i now have diamond aarms and yea its a big difference over the kit