Why is there so much confusion???

EZRider76

Feb 23, 2012
WNY
I don't get it, I've been on this forum for about 3 months maybe and I have noticed this over and over. Why when someone is asking a question, and a couple other members get them correcting the issue, does someone always have to chime in and tell them to start over? Especially on carbs. I have seen it 3 times in the last week. Someone is trying to jet properly, and one or two other members get that person to get the pilot and idling set up. Then the person will ask something about needle setting or main jet, suddenly someone else, new to the thread, will pipe up and tell them to start all over, they didn't set the pilot correctly and that they probably need to do a leakdown and that the reeds are junk or that they are premixing wrong. Come on people, we are here to help one and other. If you are suddenly wanting to comment, at least take the time to read all the other posts on the thread. Especially when it comes to the person asking all the questions seems to be having a difficult time understanding what the others I explaining to them. You are wasting other people's time and effort. If you want to pipe in because you think the other people are misleading them, maybe contact a moderator and see what they think of the thread, that is why the moderators are here, among many other responsibilities. Or, at the very least, instead of telling the people to start over and that they FUBAR'd something, ask them a question that might not have been asked that is concerning you.

Please, for the love of the BLASTER GODs, stop all the confusion!!!!

It's called post whoring.lol.:D. It's just the way it is. People trying to be helpful but don't always give the best advise.

^^^Agreed, its either keep an eye on it or, take the offender out back and put a round in em!!!
seriously, it does become annoying and frustrating for the guy looking for help or advice. i guess my only advice is to weed thru what you think is the most reasonable advice and chuck the rest!

I say order some chinese food, put a 290 on the 4th clip, do a compretion test then, a plug chop with a side of airleak test. then delete the tors for desert

we can also de-rail a thread. check this one out.

http://www.blasterforum.com/off-topic-7/blaster-forum-46979/

I'm guilty of that myself...at least we're not confusing the issue when we do that, just adding humor.

^^^Agreed, its either keep an eye on it or, take the offender out back and put a round in em!!!
seriously, it does become annoying and frustrating for the guy looking for help or advice. i guess my only advice is to weed thru what you think is the most reasonable advice and chuck the rest!

Nah, just take them out behind the woodshet and beat the pulp out of them like the old man used to do to us....you know, before it became illegal to look at your kids crosseyed. X(

I say order some chinese food, put a 290 on the 4th clip, do a compretion test then, a plug chop with a side of airleak test. then delete the tors for desert

Exactly, don't forget to grease the muffler bearings and rotate the foot pegs.

agreed to the nth degree with 4* timing advance I:I

Just set the alarm for the 18th rotation, don't worry about exact timing advances.

You have to have some fun now and then. This is not just about info.

I completely agree, but at least wait until someone gets a handle on their situation....or make your comment so abstract that they don't think it is a solution. That is the frustrating part, people that think they know and start directing the person to do something stupid and time wasteful.

I completely agree, but at least wait until someone gets a handle on their situation....or make your comment so abstract that they don't think it is a solution. That is the frustrating part, people that think they know and start directing the person to do something stupid and time wasteful.

Hope I'm not guilty of that. I try to help but it's a little hard because I'm more of a hands on person.

Hope I'm not guilty of that. I try to help but it's a little hard because I'm more of a hands on person.

Me too...if I haven't touched it, I try not to give advice unless it should be common sense type stuff. As a general rule, it is easy to figure out who is full of shizzle as long as someone takes the time to compare notes of what's been responded and to what they should've already researched.

JUST_CAUSE....I'm guilty of hating to read, especially when it's complete bubkis...but I still read from the beginning, I just thirst for knowledge. You def are correct tho that ppl will get lazy...that's just as frustrating at times.

Me too...if I haven't touched it, I try not to give advice unless it should be common sense type stuff. As a general rule, it is easy to figure out who is full of shizzle as long as someone takes the time to compare notes of what's been responded and to what they should've already researched.

JUST_CAUSE....I'm guilty of hating to read, especially when it's complete bubkis...but I still read from the beginning, I just thirst for knowledge. You def are correct tho that ppl will get lazy...that's just as frustrating at times.

At least we try to help. That should count for something. Lol.

I'm sure the moderators have better things to do, unless it's a full time paying job. If I see wrong info I'm not going to let it slide. Also sometime things get posted at same time

I was not on this forum for but one day and Im allready about done with the sight.There is a lot of good info but danm you half to pm the smart guys and share your knowledge of things privately.....But yeah sometimes going the wrong way on an air screw is a common hick up and to correct that politely is one thing as it happens but we both know and are on the same page its just a hands on thing and sometimes hard to explain in txt. but then you got these guys that are all about doing things one way and your wrong if its not there way even when they are both right.Fk.First day on this site was not about learning or teaching it was dealing with a troll and having a forum member stocking you to keep on bashing wtf.Best to just add to the advice given not go out of there way to get on peoples last nerve.

Last edited:
Im guilty also of not reading. Im not sure what it is i just get so restless to help someone i just jump in there and say something someone else has already said.

Why are you done bro?
Yeah I maybe guilty of that as well lol.Or just get irritated.But its all in good intention.For now on if they dont get it its time for them to get a clymers and do my best to ignore all the trolls there are a lot of smart peeps in this forum but some just dont get it.I:I

Yeah I maybe guilty of that as well lol.Or just get irritated.But its all in good intention.For now on if they dont get it its time for them to get a clymers and do my best to ignore all the trolls there are a lot of smart peeps in this forum but some just dont get it.I:I

amen!....................