Why block oil injector?

I say it's all a matter of preference. I fully trust Yamaha's injector pumps. I have a 97 Yamaha sled with over 12,000 miles using the stock oil pump. I also have a 1979 dirt bike that has it's stock oil pump. At the same time pre-mixed oil in the gas can never fail, but If you do 50+ mile ATV trips it can suck. You have to have oil with you and a way to mix it. A 6-pack grab bar fixes that though. You can also hide a small gas can in the bumper but keep it EMPTY.. only use it to pre-mix the fuel. Crashing into trees sucks enough without having a full tank of gas jammed in the bumper.

So waste your time removing oil injection and "chopping spark plugs", LOL!!! Absolutely ridiculous, both of them!

how is plug chopping ridiculous? I mean I guess knowing that you're not running lean and going to blow your motor 20 miles out in the woods is pretty silly.

Just look at the plug, I can assure you that no crew chief will wast time with this, he /she simply looks down in the plug and moves on. And you can be sure they are and including myself have their jetting "perfect". Just look not cut!
If you would like I can show you many links to the professional way of reading plugs. I'm just saying this is a waste of time and unnecessary to read a plug.

Just look at the plug, I can assure you that no crew chief will wast time with this, he /she simply looks down in the plug and moves on. And you can be sure they are and including myself have their jetting "perfect". Just look not cut!
If you would like I can show you many links to the professional way of reading plugs. I'm just saying this is a waste of time and unnecessary to read a plug.

OK, but can we count how many "crew chiefs" and how many "professionals" we have on this site???? I might count 3 including you. 99.99% of the people on this site need to cut the plugs to really get a full understanding of their jetting. So my advice you you SIR is not belittle everyone on here about how we are wasting our times cutting. How about you encourage you little guys and HELP them instead of spreading you hatefulness.

Reactions: Blaaster
I encourage ALL!! But I hate to see misinformation as per Mr Blaaster saying it is the only way to know its right, that is not true and there is more too plug reading than just the insulator, furthermore ONLY the highly exp guy should be jetting so close to the ragged edge. Being fat/rich never blew up an engine.
I wish the best to ALL!

It's not possible to see the smoke ring perfectly without cutting it, it's just not. Yes you can see in the plug and tell if it too lean or too rich prob but You're talking about wasting time? It takes less than a minute to cut it that's a small price for knowing where your jetting is at. I will chop my 2 dollar plug and sleep good knowing I don't have to drop a grand in the shop for a rebuild.

Tuning by feel and sound is common pit practice, seldom do any crew chiefs even look at a plug.

Quite simply, to get a podium finish the jetting is adjusted way past the ragged edge of lean, to wring the utmost out of an engine.

This practice of lean jetting unfortunately has a down side and will destroy an engine prematurely.

The crew chiefs know by feel, sound and experience how to adjust jetting to be on or slightly past the point of detonation!

Performing a plug chop in the pits is a pointless exercise as usually the AFR selected by pit professionals is too lean to produce any smoke ring.

The advantage of performing a plug chop when tuning for recreational riding is to ensure that the correct amount of fuel is in the mix!

This will ensure that the engine will operate well for many hours!

Be safe and plug chop away.

I believe blaaster to be correct here. Any very experienced rider who knows their quad, has no reason to look at their plug. But it is just good safe practice to plug chop, especially for beginners, or people who don't know much about jetting, who are a good majority of the people who visit this site. Anyone who is offended about wasting time or money to save your engine, should not be giving advice here. Should I link you to leaktesting threads so you can bash them as well?

If some one is spending a lot of $$$$ on there motor, and they want to removing the oil injection and start chopping spark plugs, then im OK with that! Its there Time and there $$$!

I just bought a 04 blaster and it is not getting oil from the oil injection. I'm not sure if you run the oil resivour completely empty if you have to bleed the system but my bet is that is probably the case. I was all ready to block off the injector but now I'm thinking twice about it. I have had many two strokes over the years starting with my tri zinger 60 then to a tri z 250 and then to several dirt bikes, none of which had oil injection other than maybe the tri zinger but I was 4 and don't remember if it did or not lol. My question is if you put a big bore kit on will the oil injection still work properly and feed enough oil? Because I was looking into a vito 240 big bore and they say to block off oil injection. I can see a benefit from the injection as far as possibly conserving oil when not running wide open. But it would also be nice to run the same mix as my chainsaws and brush cutters if possible. If anyone is running a big bore kit and still uses oil injection successfully I would really appreciate the info.