Why a Blaster?

Justinlhc

Oct 27, 2008
Just wondering why you guys picked the Blaster? I'm not knocking the Blaster, but let's face it, Blasters are the bottom of the barrel.:">

I bought mine for my wife. I know she's not looking for the fastest or the best quad and a single cylinder bike that's got tons of aftermarket support is something I'm totally comfortable working on. The price was right so I bought.

Some of you guys have quite a bit of money tied up into your bikes so I know in those cases it's not about how cheap the Blaster was to buy. Since you bought all of those go-fast parts I'm assuming you like to go-fast so buying a Blaster to "go-fast" doesn't make much sence to me since they're a pretty slow bike, even lightly modded and would take quite a bit of work to even get up to competing with, say....a stock Banshee. My quad of choice has always been the Banshee as it seems to be the king IMO although I have been riding dirtbikes most of my life(current bike is a 03 CR250).

I'm not trying to knock on the Blaster, I'm just wondering why did YOU choose a Blaster?

eh it was cheap and a good platform its not bad i mean i can rip wheelies 4th gear its fun and like medium sized so u can toss it around quite a bit and its fun to be the underdog to pull up with a bigbore ported pipe and carbed blaster and woops some ass :) i bought mine for 1100 and sofar ive done quite a bit and beat quite a bit and only invested $500 still cheaper than a shee so you can do a sh*t load to it and not be close to a shee for a used price.. im also 13 so im a little tight on money sometimes

majority of the blaster riders on this forum are kids under 18 years old and a blaster is perfect for them when it comes to puwer and weight of the ATV. a few of us older guys on here like me for example have kids and thats why we still have blasters in the stable. my 14 year old is the primary rider of the blaster in our household and he likes to go fast just like i do. but quite honestly, i think my blaster is much more fun to ride vs my 400ex and i gladly take the blaster when i go solo riding. the fun factor of the 2-stroke is by far more fun that poking around with the honda.

on the subject of modifications... you can get more power out of a blaster motor than you can a 4-stroke of comparable size. plus the price diffrence of parts is WAY cheaper for them as well.

i've been riding blasters since i was about 15 and will probably always have one in the barn somewhere.

of course, my next project bike will be a banshee.

yes but no one on here has done that to their blasters.... escept for the guy that owns that blaster

How much money is into that Blaster and how does it do next to a stock Banshee? I'm sure you can make them perform pretty good with a bottomless pocket, but is it realistic to do that?

The Blaster is cheap, light, easy to work on, has plenty of aftermarket, but it's not a fast bike unless you dump a ridiculous amount of cash into it. I think the first quad I ever rode was a Blaster and it was cool back then to be 50lbs on such a machine, but I'm 185 now and I need something that's going to make me hangon at WOT.

majority of the blaster riders on this forum are kids under 18 years old and a blaster is perfect for them when it comes to puwer and weight of the ATV. a few of us older guys on here like me for example have kids and thats why we still have blasters in the stable. my 14 year old is the primary rider of the blaster in our household and he likes to go fast just like i do. but quite honestly, i think my blaster is much more fun to ride vs my 400ex and i gladly take the blaster when i go solo riding. the fun factor of the 2-stroke is by far more fun that poking around with the honda.

on the subject of modifications... you can get more power out of a blaster motor than you can a 4-stroke of comparable size. plus the price diffrence of parts is WAY cheaper for them as well.

i've been riding blasters since i was about 15 and will probably always have one in the barn somewhere.

of course, my next project bike will be a banshee.

That makes more sense to me. I have noticed quite a few younger riders on here and I can see a Blaster being the perfect choice for a smaller rider. Blasters are pretty light and easy to throw around. My wife is about 130lbs so it should work pretty good for her.I:I

That Video is bad ass!^^^^

I first bought my blaster because it was my first quad and, i wanted something cheep just incase I didnt like it. Also, I wanted a 2 stroke and not many people make 2 stroke quads except for the honda 250, banshee and quadzilla. All of which cost a ton! So I went with the blaster. The speed and all that is fine for me I dont like to get to crazy but the size was a problem. That is why I upgraded my suspension, swinger and widened the bike. Now I just want to build my engine so I can eat 400's just like in the video. I can build my engine to eat a 400 for 1/3 of the price of buying a 400. That is just my thoughts on it.

How much money is into that Blaster and how does it do next to a stock Banshee? I'm sure you can make them perform pretty good with a bottomless pocket, but is it realistic to do that?

The Blaster is cheap, light, easy to work on, has plenty of aftermarket, but it's not a fast bike unless you dump a ridiculous amount of cash into it. I think the first quad I ever rode was a Blaster and it was cool back then to be 50lbs on such a machine, but I'm 185 now and I need something that's going to make me hangon at WOT.

you dont have to dump a sh*t ton of money to make it fast, a good port job runs about 160, a stroker crank set up either +3or +4 about 185 or so, not to bad for the gains u get,

FLOTEK is going to build me and my brothers blasters to a 400 eater for $1400 so, with the cost of that plus my Blaster I still could not buy a YFZ or even a older banshee.

Yeah I read that, but the kid on the Blaster didn't have rear brakes(WTF?)and the kid on the Banshee was going waaaaay too fast. You can hurt yourself pretty bad no matter what you're riding though. Even if it's a slow bike, you still have to use your head and if your bike doesn't have any rear brakes you probably shouldn't be riding it anyways.

yea but some kids just ride over their abilitys which is stupid im 13 and ride hard enough to try and keep up with 450r's but i also know my limits i dont come into a L turn wide open ya know... after riding without back breaks i learned to slow down like 100yrds before rather than slamming on the breaks and ripping it sideways still do it though on dirt but i mean on roads and thats why he crashed cause he was just being f*cking stupid and thought he was a badass

i bought my blaster to prove that a little 200cc 2 stroke can run and beat the bigger 4 strokes

you dont have to dump a sh*t ton of money to make it fast, a good port job runs about 160, a stroker crank set up either +3or +4 about 185 or so, not to bad for the gains u get,

I guess it depends on your definition of "fast". The mods you listed require quite a bit of other parts that add up to quite a bit of money and in the end, how fast is it really going to be?

eh it was cheap and a good platform its not bad i mean i can rip wheelies 4th gear its fun and like medium sized so u can toss it around quite a bit and its fun to be the underdog to pull up with a bigbore ported pipe and carbed blaster and woops some ass :) i bought mine for 1100 and sofar ive done quite a bit and beat quite a bit and only invested $500 still cheaper than a shee so you can do a sh*t load to it and not be close to a shee for a used price.. im also 13 so im a little tight on money sometimes

i agree ..perfectly..ecept im 14 ...lol