Why a Blaster?

I picked the blaster because I love being the underdog. Most of the people around where i live go buy a brand new raptor 660 or some 450 and brag all day. They never touch their quad and still talk mess about how their full stock 8000 dollar quad will kill all other quads. I guess I just have a dream of making my blaster fast enough to earn respect for the little 195cc engine. Most people have already dogged my blaster but then ridden it and been like damn that was fun. And I only have the timing advance mod, 14t sprocket, reeds, and a 28mm carb. Cant wait to show 'em after I get it ported, stroked, and have my dynoport exhaust.

Feel the same way. I have a guy at work that calls it a Power wheels. He had a 4 stroke 250 Quad and said it would dog my Blaster. It was stock.

because i always wanted one as a kid when they came out in 1988. because i'm a 2 stroke fan. it's inexpensive to fix. it's easy to work on. because the 06 i have looks good and has hydraulic brakes. i know it does lack in power though because i have owned banshees and a 250R but it is still a fun quad.

because i got offered to trade a 300ex that didn't run to it, it was fast as hell, and only needed brakes when i got it. i rode it WFO without brakes for the longest time ever and wore out my clutch slowing it down (gearing down, turning off and letting clutch out slowly). now i am in about 3.5 grand and i still can't stop wanting more!! i wouldn't sell my blaster for the world.

i kinda fell into mine also, but now i love the reliability and affordability of it. but by far the best part of it is how most people look down on it and talk sh*t so when i smoke em its the best feeling out there, ALMOST as good as sex lolol. I:I

I guess I'd have to say I also fell into my first blaster but after deciding to do a build I went back and forth between a blaster, 250r, and a ltr250. The fact that I was able to find an 03 for 900 and what I already mentioned regarding the 20yrs of support made up my decision. I did however spend another 700 for a 06 motor that had less than ten hrs on it. But even with those two purchases and about 3500 in aftermarket parts it still comes in a few grand cheaper than a new 450 for a fully custom built blaster that is much easier to work on.

I will admit that when this build gets done however, I have seriously been considering building a 1990 ltr250 two stroke, I have a friend with one for sale that I've been thinking of buyin.................I would never sell my blaster though.