who should i send my blaster motor to

daltonluoma75

Feb 11, 2015
Im wondering who is the best person/company to send my motor off to. I am gonna be doing ice racing and flat track but need suggestions who i should send it to. I do not want a big bore because then i can not race in my class.

Welcome, I guess you haven't looked around here much lol. Almost everyone uses Ken Oconnor Racing around here. He can make you outrun a big bore. Young guns racing is also an active member on here, but theres not much feedback on them yet.

I have heard about ken o'connor a lot and i was pretty positive about using him but i just didnt know if there is someone out there that is better than him. Just trying to get the modt power out of a 200 and not have to go to a 240. 240 wont let me run in my class thats why im staying away from it. And nope haha i didnt feel like looking because it would take me a while and i just wanted to have info i can look at quick.

I don't think anyone will say there someone better than Ken, if they do he will crush them with his ego :eek: jk. He is the best around here. Head mod, porting, +6 crank and you will leave them all or dig a big hole:D

His price on 90% of things is less than other builders.

Even though you may think his price is expensive, for the work he delivers he should charge more

Remember this... "Turn around time" is important too! Ken has a very reasonable turn around time. If you have ever used some slob motorcycle shop, ran by a bunch of lazy mofo's that don't care, you'll know what I mean. I've known people that have waited 4+ months for simple machine work like a cylinder bored over-size to match a piston that should have had the stuff done in a week to ten days. I believe Ken has you covered on this..
Just say no to slob mofo's!

I am sending the whole thing. I need everything done. The people i race against there is a lot of tough competition so whole thing is the best idea. And ya i have had problems like that. Main reason why i came here to find out where to send it to. So im pretty positive it will be ken

Have him do an aggressive port, get a good pipe, tune your carb jets and size wise to match all other mods

high rpm pipe means high rpm carb (bigger)
low rpm pipe means lower carb (stock or 28)

Ken is great! You can call him just to ask a question and he will answer you. Makes you feel like you have known him forever and you are old friends. His work is top notch. I will never send anything to anyone else, if I cant do it, ken will!

If you can find a vitos fat bastard pipe, you should gold plate it and hang it on the wall.

Haha dave i like that! Imma look foe a pipe to plate n hang on my wall now.

Dalton, many ppl swear that B1 is best pipe for your setup.... Best available pipe. Also engine builder is such a controversal subject here and their are a few good ones. Its best not to stir up trouble, floetec has been good but is slowly steering away from the biz last i got word, ken is great all around, young guns is coming around more n partnerish with ken. You have a good budget, but parts add up quick.