white smoke?

this wasn't advice it was clarification that his ride that he took after his rebuiild isnt going to do wrong, hell u dono he could of idled it in first for his ride i dono, u dono. and if something happend to his motor after a rebuild i dont think heat cycling will avoid that. all it dos is properly seat the ring piston and cylinder ( for a topend rebuild)

"all it dos is properly seat the ring piston and cylinder ( for a topend rebuild)"

Man, are you misinformed, please do a little light reading on the reasons for heat cycling air cooled engines using solid copper head gaskets!

The motor is going to smoke some at idle and when it is cold, mine smokes heaps at idle because I use a heavy oil mix. It reduces to just a wisp when riding.

When you are riding and all you see is a little trace of blue smoke, you may have it right.
It is normal for the smoke to increase a little when you back the throttle off.

I challenge anyone to show me they've blown a engine from running chainsaw, or whatever oil! None of this hear say sh*t, none of this "I only run this" sh*t, but solid evidence that running chainsaw oil kills your engine. I bet you could use 10W 30 as a premix and not even burn your top end.

Here is my piston after 30 hours of run time with the cheap gas station oil.
k99jdc.jpg

When i pulled the top end after about 40 hours is still had over 150 in compression with a modded head.

I can back my statements with picks, can anyone else? I'm not trying to start anything, just saying that oil is oil! keep it oiled and you'll be ok. Dyno, synthetic, whatever just oil it.

No smell is good!

You could be fooled into thinking that is was white owing to lots of it, lots of blue smoke can look white with light shining through it.

Lets get to the root of this problem, do a leak down test and report back as we are going round and round in ever decreasing circles!

i dont have a leakdown tester and i dont think its need leakdown tested their is really good compression and its runs good but the white smoke that is blue smoke thats light

If you fear white smoke, get a leak down tester(which is completly different from a compression tester)

It will tell you if you have a problem with your crank seals ( the reason for white smoke).

If you cant be bothered, then just ride it and be prepared to shell out $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I challenge anyone to show me they've blown a engine from running chainsaw, or whatever oil! None of this hear say sh*t, none of this "I only run this" sh*t, but solid evidence that running chainsaw oil kills your engine. I bet you could use 10W 30 as a premix and not even burn your top end.

Here is my piston after 30 hours of run time with the cheap gas station oil.
k99jdc.jpg

When i pulled the top end after about 40 hours is still had over 150 in compression with a modded head.

I can back my statements with picks, can anyone else? I'm not trying to start anything, just saying that oil is oil! keep it oiled and you'll be ok. Dyno, synthetic, whatever just oil it.

I should like an expert opinion on that piston , it sure looks like to me that complete combustion is not being obtained.

So problem solved!

Go raise some dust.

Iwould be interested to know what tranny oil you use, if it don't stink when it is burnt.

That stuff smells some when its burnt, must have been only a very little white smoke..

Good luck. Go chuck some rocks!

cant do that untill i fix my handle bars and my back tire the tire is bent and the handle bars need tightend and the bolts are stripped out so i gota wait to fix them