Which banshee is better??

dont widen the banshee??? most guys I know will widen the shee regardless of where they ride. and I can bet you that a wider banshee will probably out run a stock width banshee in the trails... trails are narrow but not that narrow... if they are then odds are your not on the trail your just riding between trees making your own path lol... if you tend to do that then yes keep it stock

you want a safe trail shee.. get some paul turner mids with a nice clean trail - mx porting with some after market shocks and revalved stock rear and youd be set. would run next to 450's all day and prob out pull them and still be very easy to handle in the trails.

stock banshee's = fairly slow atv's

people say get a 250r... why? they handle better... woopie... your stuck gettign a 310 mx port national kit for it to even get anywhere and be competitive enough or to keep up with your buddy's on their 450's... if you WANT and must race a 2 stroke then maybe yes its worth gettign a 250r cause its one of the best handling 2 bangers out still and will out ride a worked banshee on a track... but if your just looking to trail ride and have fun... get a banshee

grow some kahona's drop 1/2 the money in the shee of what you would the 250r youl gain 2x the horse power and still be more then stable enough in the trails... just man handle the biotch... dont be lazy

If your that concerned about handling dont even bother getting a 2 stroke...

def dont lengthen the banshee they don't turn to start with. some people put - swing arms on them and really i would get a 250r over a banshee anyday. there are a lot of 250s that can keep up with or beat 450s

yea keep the swinger stock or slap a -1 or -2 on it... NEVER put a + swinger on a banshee trail riding unless you got a big motor...

Im not saying the 250r's cant keep up... im saying you need to work the engine A LOT more to be able to...

your not going to see a stock size ported stock stroke 250r's stick with many 450's if any... you always need to crank them to a 300 + engine...and more or less mod it to the max to get anywhere... and be competative with your friends.. yes it handles better but tthat only helps you so much.

banshee you have the power at your hands and the sky is the limit.

Unless you plan on hitting mx tracks often and dont have the funds to bring the 250r engine up to a proper build I wouldnt bother with it unless your DEAD set on wanting one.

dime for dime your better off on a banshee on a basic mild build... spend half the cash gain 2x the power and have a very slight difference in handling... which i doubt you would notice that much on riding in trails with some friends.... more or less only a very competative guy would benefit from the better handling of a 250r... its like comparing standard travel shock gains against long travel shocks... long travel shocks are better but for the weekend trail rider... your not gaining much out of them over the standard travel shocks... (both valved to rider specs)

Last edited:
I probably should of sed this earlier but I don't go to track often. I would like a 2 stroke though. I usually trail ride to the pipeline.

I dont think the banshee is unstable at its stock width. I wouldnt widen it. Where I live there are trails where if the banshee was any wider it would be harder to make it, so from MY experience I wouldnt widen it.

And Its not about HP either. A banshee with a set of pipes, a decent air filter and the airbox lid off (basic upgrades at this point) is a pretty fast bike. Definately fast enough to get you into trouble on trails.

My advice comes from my experience riding them in gnarly mountain trails. Im gonna lean toward the extreme on that cause of the types of trails Im used to riding them on.

just so you know, that is a 3 wheeler.

all trx250r are liquid cooled and first one was made in 86

the guy is either lying or his buddy sucks are riding or his buddy's yfz is running like sh*t.
a predator isn't faster than a yfz. /story

also dont get a predator, they have some issue.

but from the sound of it, you ride open easy trails where a banshee would be best. look for a banshee that is cheap, they are super easy to work on.

the kfx/z400s are good bike. they are faster than the 400ex and they are great trail quads.

but that is something you will out grow really. the power isn't the best as the engine is too small.

but the z434 sounds wrong, only 1200 for a BBK 400, it has something wrong with it i bet. the kfx looks nice.

Seriously you should go see both of them if a Banshee is what you want.
A Shee IMO makes a nice trail bike if it's set up.
I mean how fast do you really need to take that corner in the woods?

personally i would go with banshee #1. it already has better pipes on it for starters. it is also 4 years newer, could be a better chance that it has seen a little less abuse, but could be worse as well. still worth checking that though.
the same parts that wear out on other quads...wear out on a shee too over time. jus be mindfull of what your lookin at, and inspect it well. the extended axle on #2 can cause an issue when you get in the tight stuff in the woods. boost bottles can be taken off, and if the intakes are already cracked, well they sell them all the time for cheap, so dont let that bother you. the banshee also has the largest aftermarket parts availability over any other quad ever built too, so your choices of how you want to set it up are virtually endless.

if you get a kfx / z.... you will get bored out of them stock...

what will wake it up though is a 434 BBK... fcr 39 mil carb (off a yfz450) some cams... but at that stage... you might as well just opt to a 450...

stay away from the predators... they do have issues... and its big fat ass bike lol...

If you ride nice open trails thne hit up a shee...