Which banshee is better??

And it's not that banshee's are difficult to work on, it is just more of a hassle to tear down and put back together than a single cylinder engine.

And it's not that banshee's are difficult to work on, it is just more of a hassle to tear down and put back together than a single cylinder engine.

really? i never needed any special tools other than a flywheel puller. and the banshee is the only atv engine where the cases split vertical. you can replace a tranny without ever taking the top end off.

IMHO... shees are easier to work on... like KOR said... you can split the cases without ever taking the top end apart!... much easier to seal as well seeing they split verticaly... so your not fliping and turning the cases to put everything together... the 1 extra cylinder is nothing... you slap a gasket on and torque it down the end... a 2 minute longer possess max then putting 1 cylinder on... top end MIGHT be easier on a blaster cause theres a few lesser steps.. but get into the bottom end the shee is easier.

Then again... top ends are easy to deal with period... whats a extra cylinder... let alone all the extra power your getting out of it over a single cyl...

One answer Tecate 4 KFX250 the fastest and yes rarest of the legendary 250 2-stroke quads of the day. Able to still hold it's own against any modern day quad except the mighty banshee of corse. But consider that you have to pay 2500 and up for just about any 250R, 88's have the best motors. The LT 250R's motors are a joke along with their plastics and dont sell for much more then 1,200. andthe Tecate's have the best in all these catagoreys for no less that $2,000 and are a fantastic quad if you can find a nice restored on ona stock bore just my 2 cents
1zhgex.jpg
so what ur saying is the kfx 250 is the best one??? is it faster then a 400ex??? both stock? and will i grow out of a 250 im 15 in a month and 130lb

so what ur saying is the kfx 250 is the best one??? is it faster then a 400ex??? both stock? and will i grow out of a 250 im 15 in a month and 130lb

you wont grow out of a 250 really.

but the tecate -4 was the worse handling one of the group, it was designed to fit in the bed of a s10/ranger between the humps. and you cant find parts for them at all.
you think the LT is hard to find parts for, the T4 is even harder
the trx was the best handling of the group yet the slowest in stock form. it was the only one to really have a huge following in a/m parts since it was the best handling.

could anyone give me a link of a t4 for sale in wisconsin. i can not find any. are they hard to find??

There is a reason you can't find one :eek: . If you want a 250, get the Honda, way easier to get parts. As for the Banshees I think it's a toss up. I'd lean towards the one with ice tires. No matter what go over it with a fine tooth comb and beat them up on price for anything you find wrong. Check ball joints, arm pivots, swinger pivot, axle brgs. Maybe comp test.

As to cut plastic: Zwiser yours must be wrecked, right? Really most cut for looks, most A.M. plastic doesn't have dumbo ears.

There is a reason you can't find one :eek: . If you want a 250, get the Honda, way easier to get parts. As for the Banshees I think it's a toss up. I'd lean towards the one with ice tires. No matter what go over it with a fine tooth comb and beat them up on price for anything you find wrong. Check ball joints, arm pivots, swinger pivot, axle brgs. Maybe comp test.

As to cut plastic: Zwiser yours must be wrecked, right? Really most cut for looks, most A.M. plastic doesn't have dumbo ears.

Yes the guy that had my shee before me had a slow speed collsion with a tree and dented the front bumper and cracked the front plastic where it mounts, so the weight of the fenders made them bend down, so thats why i cut mine.

BTW the frame isnt bent and the bumper was replaced.

WP_000214-2.jpg

Last edited:
250r --> banshee. shees are just about the fastest thing in a straigh line but get them on the track/trail and they start lacking, not saying that they can't be the fastest in the woods, it just takes a little more to do so.

Banshees are great woods quads if you know what youre doing. Ive never ridden a 250r and Ill bet a good majority of guys who recommend them havent either.

That said, I know a thing or 2 about banshees, and if I had to pick between those 2, Id get the 2nd banshee, and Id demod it. Id sell the extended swingarm, and all the widening crap, and the FMF pipes and get some Toomey T5s, and rock the stock stuff for trail riding.

Ive ridden a banshee in trails up in mountains the majority of you guys wish you had. Im definately not a noob to these things and what they can do. And I can tell you, for trail riding, you DONT want it any wider than stock, you DONT want it any longer than stock, and I suppose, you DONT have to swap the FMF exhausts, but the Toomeys are prettier, sound cooler, and have a better topend.

OR if you want better advice, keep looking and find a Banshee that you dont have to do anything to, cause its already in good shape and has a good set of pipes, tires, and is maintained well. Where I live you can get them for less than 2000 in pretty good condition. 250Rs come up every so often too. The LT250Rs come up quite a bit too, but Ive never seen a Tecate for sale where I live. Theyre cool quads, but their rarity would make me kinda NOT want one.

Last edited:
Heres a 250R by me. Looks like a pretty good one.
ksl.com Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming

WHOA, 250R for 1200?

This thing is prolly the coolest looking LT250R Ive ever seen - good price too!

WOW! a BONE STOCK 89 250R in like... PERFECT condition. That thing is gonna sale FAST! 4k

Nice. This is a pretty LT250R as well. Pretty good price too... I might have to ditch my Blaster soon...

WOW, its UGLY but its cheap.. 1200 for a running Banshee?

3500 for a 01 Banshee in good shape and an 01 Raptor 660. Thats a good deal

I lied. Someone is selling a Tecate in Vegas for 3k

Heres a pretty good banshee with some CPI inframes on it for 1600

This is just an example of the type of stuff thats out there. I guess Im luckier than some of you, I seem to have ALL SORTS of crap for sale by me. I REALLY wish I had money, Ive been wanting a 250ish class quad for awhile. Id LOVE a 250R, but part of me would rather have a Banshee, but I like Suzukis, and I think I could be happy on an LT250R as well. Id keep my blaster of course actually, for a spare, backup, mostly cause it was my first, and Im kinda emotionally attached to it.