whats the best but cheapest oil to use in the crankcase

best cheapest oil is shell rotella t its wet clutch compatible and you can but it in bulk at walmart.

The other id use in your case would be castrol gtx for bikes its like 3 bucks a qt.

Why not spend 10 bucks on some good synthetic amsoil or mobil 1 4T and have the extra insurance?Ive used nothing but amsoil in my blaster since i built it 3 years ago and ive not had to do a clutch yet and i beat on it!That stuff is awesome im running it in my banshee as well as my kdx its worth a few more bucks imo.

I'd go with Rotella T for a cheap oil as mentioned above. Rotella T is known for being a great motorcycle oil, just as good if not better than motorcycle specific oils, at a fraction the cost. I recently switched to some Rotella T and like it so far, only rode for about an hour or so with it though.

why type F? what makes it different from dexIII or +4? ive been hearing lots of good things about running atf but have been worried that in hot temps such as 100+F that it would thin out and cause greater wear on internal parts? am i just paranoid?

why type F? what makes it different from dexIII or +4? ive been hearing lots of good things about running atf but have been worried that in hot temps such as 100+F that it would thin out and cause greater wear on internal parts? am i just paranoid?

Guarenteed an auto trans runs at more than 100*f :eek: Most trans coolers are in the radiator which the water is about 180 B)

Type F does not have friction modifiers that are known to give possible wet clutch slipping issues.

i run valvoline 4 stroke atv motor oil. 10w40, and wet clutch compatible. no clutch slippage or anything. its normally $4 a q at auto zone, but my mom's boyfriend works there, and i get it for $2 a q! lol its really good stuff tho!

Yamalube 4 10W30, or type SE motor oil, is the recommended oil, but I have no problems with ATF type F, any other viscosity can either cause clutch slip or in the case of heavier oil, clutch drag, especially in cold climates.

I'm a bit confused here b/c the OP is looking for oil to put in his machine, claims clutches were replaced which requires drainage, yet he claims it's been in the bike with oil in it for 5 weeks. So.....did ya put the old sh*t back in it or what b/c rather than viscosity or brand of fluid, I'm more concerned about what kind of trash might be hanging out in the tranny?
If ya have any douby about this I'd remove it all, clean it up, soak in whatever fluid you decide to use & reassemble fresh.
I can understand the logic behind tranny fluid in a tranny but never actually used it, I've ran Amsoil, I've ran Yamaha oil, I've ran Rotella T & currently I'm using Mobil 1 b/c that's what the clutch manufacturer recommends. Idk if you're using stock replacements or aftermarket but if aftermarket let me suggest contacting the manufacturer for their recommendation.

I'm a bit confused here b/c the OP is looking for oil to put in his machine, claims clutches were replaced which requires drainage, yet he claims it's been in the bike with oil in it for 5 weeks. So.....did ya put the old sh*t back in it or what b/c rather than viscosity or brand of fluid, I'm more concerned about what kind of trash might be hanging out in the tranny?
If ya have any douby about this I'd remove it all, clean it up, soak in whatever fluid you decide to use & reassemble fresh.
I can understand the logic behind tranny fluid in a tranny but never actually used it, I've ran Amsoil, I've ran Yamaha oil, I've ran Rotella T & currently I'm using Mobil 1 b/c that's what the clutch manufacturer recommends. Idk if you're using stock replacements or aftermarket but if aftermarket let me suggest contacting the manufacturer for their recommendation.

I used Shell Rotella T 15 W40 in my bayou (with two wet clutches!) for the engine oil and transmission fluid. It worked well but there is one word of caution!

Newer Rotella is ok for clutches. Older stuff (which you can probably still find on the shelf at older parts stores or truck stops) was not rated for wet clutches. You need to turn the bottle around and look at the back rating. Under the AWE certification stuff, there's a list of all of the "other" certs. You need to look for JASO MA on the bottle to put it in a case with a wet clutch.

Also, ATF is clearly colored red while Rotella is "dingy" to begin with and not as easy to identify contamination through the sight glass window in.

Again, I've been using ATF with great success since I've had my blaster.

I used Shell Rotella T 15 W40 in my bayou (with two wet clutches!) for the engine oil and transmission fluid. It worked well but there is one word of caution!

Newer Rotella is ok for clutches. Older stuff (which you can probably still find on the shelf at older parts stores or truck stops) was not rated for wet clutches. You need to turn the bottle around and look at the back rating. Under the AWE certification stuff, there's a list of all of the "other" certs. You need to look for JASO MA on the bottle to put it in a case with a wet clutch.

Also, ATF is clearly colored red while Rotella is "dingy" to begin with and not as easy to identify contamination through the sight glass window in.

Again, I've been using ATF with great success since I've had my blaster.

From what I have read online and researched about Rotella T, the old and new oil are exactly the same, they just didn't actually get it tested and labelled as a JASO-MA oil until recently, due to its growing popularity for use in motorcycles. But the older jugs which don't carry this rating contain the same oil and are perfectly fine to run in the tranny.

Well what should I use you guy are throwing a bunch of diffrent stuff here I just want a decent oil that's all

im surprised no one has said belray yet. good ol 80w belray is all i run its a little pricier than most but it will keep that bottom end like brand new.