what's a good 400ex exhaust?

caseywoods5

Jul 18, 2010
Mc Roberts, Kentucky
hey guys i was wondering what exhaust was best for a 400ex? i want to get the cobra off mine for something better. i've been looking at the supertrapp ids2, white brothers e-series (on ebay since they're out of business, i prefer white brothers but it's whatever), hmf sport, hmf ironman, hmf ballance, and motoworks... i'm open to more ideas though if you guys know of any other good exhausts.

straight pipes are the best. just cut it off right after the engine with a hacksaw!

i think you may be able to find better opinion's on a different forum.

i hear hmf's are supposed to work good on them tractor type engines.

My friend said it was a big gun idk if it was or not he didn have a sticker but it sounded good with fmf mid pipe megabomb or sumthn like that

yeah i have looked at the sparks and hmf on youtube and the sparks seems to sound really good, hmf i've heard has a bad problem of siezing to the header pipe where they join. white brothers got bought out by vance and hines a couple of years back but had the best gains on the 400ex. the only white brothers e-series i can find for the 400ex on ebay are missing the discs and backing plate though (they use the disc style like a supertrapp does). the white brothers sounds really good too but oh well. i will probably go with sparks, maybe hmf, but if i find a good white brothers i'll go with that unless i can find proof that sparks makes better power. thanks for the help so far guys keep the ideas coming!

^^^ do they give good low/mid gains or do they gain everywhere? i don't care alot about top end power (it is nice to have if the pipe has it along with the low/mid though) because i ride trails more than anything else. on my blaster i could outrun anybody on the trails because i had it set up for it, i'm trying to accomplish the same with the 400ex. from what i've heard and you've said i think i'll probably go with curtis sparks (hopefully full system to go with my 440 but slip on would be fine for now).

I had a sparks on my 450r and it was a top-end pipe.
I switched it with a motoworks and it feels like a new quad. tons more power in the low -mid and did not lose any on top....

the only thing i don't like about motoworks is it isn't got quite the sound i want, like not deep enough for me. i like the sound of the others i named but don't know alot about them.... decisions, decisions... haha

the only thing i don't like about motoworks is it isn't got quite the sound i want, like not deep enough for me. i like the sound of the others i named but don't know alot about them.... decisions, decisions... haha

yeah, it's not as deep of a sound as my sparks was but it's a hell of a lot louder lol....

I switched to the motoworks because my sparks got f'ed up in a race last year. so I needed a new exhaust and motoworks was what all the local A riders on hondas were running.

i also seen a drd exhaust for the 400ex (what i run on one of my dirtbikes) and it made good low/mid gains on the dirtbike but nobody on youtube runs one on a 400ex so i'm not sure. i also seen a trinity stage 4 exhaust but can't find alot of vids on it either. do you know anything about drd or the trinity pipes? if i can't find out alot about them i'll probably go with the motoworks.

i don't like fmf 4 stroke exhausts except the powerbomb and megabomb and in the future i will be getting a powerbomb header for this, but as for fmf's silencers, i really don't like them. i believe i'll either be going with motoworks, supertrapp, or maybe dr.d

Really replacing the header pipe is pointless its a mandrel bent straight through design! Nothing to be had on that end! Same with the raptors the aftermarket ones are same size tubing so it's a gimmik!

well i found a good deal on a white brothers e2 slip on so i'll probably be going with that if i can talk the seller into putting a buy it now on it (it is bid only :( )