what to add to my blaster

blasterboy06

Jun 26, 2009
RI
hi im new to the site and want to know what would be good for my blaster. i have a 06 blaster with elkas up front with +3 +1 a arms from project blaster and a lonestar +2 +4 axle. i have nerfs, tusk bumper, 6 pack rack and skids. i want to know what i could do else for my blaster i was thinking razor tires or holeshots and i know i will get a pipe, toomey is in mind. i was goin to bore and port it but i thought the ride is more inportant. i want to do engine work but i do alot of riding far aways and i didn't want to brake down and right now my blaster hasn't had one problem. i have the oil injection still and love it cause i ride with 4 strokes and dont worry about mixing. if theres any thing you could tell me about the razors or holeshots i do trail ridding and lots of mud and water and sand pits. or the toomey pros or cons or things i can do to my blaster. thanks

If you do a lot of trails and muddy terrain check out the ITP Mudlite SP's. Holeshots are good, but not great for mud. Same with Razr's. Or go with what Stroker said and get an extended swingarm, or 400ex shock. Toomey is a decent pipe, but not my favorite.

hi im new to the site and want to know what would be good for my blaster. i have a 06 blaster with elkas up front with +3 +1 a arms from project blaster and a lonestar +2 +4 axle. i have nerfs, tusk bumper, 6 pack rack and skids. i want to know what i could do else for my blaster i was thinking razor tires or holeshots and i know i will get a pipe, toomey is in mind. i was goin to bore and port it but i thought the ride is more inportant. i want to do engine work but i do alot of riding far aways and i didn't want to brake down and right now my blaster hasn't had one problem. i have the oil injection still and love it cause i ride with 4 strokes and dont worry about mixing. if theres any thing you could tell me about the razors or holeshots i do trail ridding and lots of mud and water and sand pits. or the toomey pros or cons or things i can do to my blaster. thanks

Welcome. Please tell us more about your riding- both style and terrain as well as where you ride within your powerband. I would suggest that you get a block-off kit for your oil injection as a precautionary measure. However, mine looked new after 8 years of service and I had a twenty year old Yamaha DT175 Dual Sport that still had its oil injection- you decide. I just ordered a v-force vf3 reed assembly, (4) Vito’s degree keys (they discontinued them so I stocked up), a pipe and silencer, EHS airbox lid (for open airbox performance and the safety of a stock airbox), and nology ignition kit to install on my Blaster. These four things will make your Blaster much more responsive through the low and into the mid and depending on the pipe into the top end of your powerband--- Do not forget to rejet!. I went with a different pipe and silencer than anyone on here recommends but I got it new for @ $240-250 delivered w/ a satisfaction guarantee, my nology kit was $125 delivered, VF3 @135 delivered, degree key @ $23 delivered, and the EHS airbox was $80 plus shipping (they also have a kit for $55 but you have to modify your airbox). These modifications (totaled is around $630) will give you significant performance over the stock set-up and will go well with future upgrades. However, another option is……..
With a aggressive trail/mx p&p and head mode along with the Toomey B1 kit you should be able to get @25whp and have a very broad and useable powerband. Give Flotek, Kennedy, or Wildcard a call and they will be able to get you what you need. This is the one I would recommend as you should be able to use all your stock components with this build. As far as your tires, I am in Oregon and I absolutely love my Razors. They impress me and many of my friends now use them for riding in the desert and mountains—I have not had any problems with them in the sand/mud/rocks and they are a good all-round tire. I went with 20” in the rear and they have been good to me, I do however, like the looks of 22” rears on the Blaster and a couple of people on the forum use that size tire and like the performance. If you go with a 22” tire I doubt you will need to re-gear your Blaster. I can also get you a good deal on a Herrman Racing +2 swingarm--- probably @$500 delivered but I would have to check. Have fun and visit often!

ok thanks guys ill look into all of the things that you lissed, if i go with a smaller tire like razor will i have to redo my gearing like 1 more tooth in front? thanks a bunch