What size main jet?

Jul 13, 2011
I'm going to perform a mild port with boyseen ports on a stock cylinder. The rest of the bike is bone stock. What size jet should I start with? There is the 230 stock jet in it now.

Jump 1-3 sizes depending on the porting work.

Plug chop to confirm.

You should either order a pipe, or hold off on porting until you can buy a pipe. A stock pipe will just kill porting benifits

If every thing is bone stock a #230 will be fine for a mild port job.

Increase the air flow or change the ratio of oil to gas and size increases are needed.

Herp got it right. Why port if you have a stock pipe? You are just wasting time.

Won't be waste of time. Will see some increase, then will want to get a pipe, which will be a real kick in the gas.
Even tho everything else is stock, you should at least do a plug read or chop, I think you will still need to increase jetting. Better safe than sorry.

Won't be waste of time. Will see some increase, then will want to get a pipe, which will be a real kick in the gas.
Even tho everything else is stock, you should at least do a plug read or chop, I think you will still need to increase jetting. Better safe than sorry.

That's what I'm thinking. It will be up to my friend if he wants to pipe it or not. Since the cylinder is off then I might as well port it. The pipe can always be added later. I ordered a 250 main for it and I sent him a link for a fmf pipe and muff.