What size carb should I get?

Blaster8821

Sep 4, 2014
This weekend I went to Silver Lake with my blaster and was a lot more powerful than it was before after having work done by Ken; however, my buddy has a banshee and a YFZ and let me take then for a spin. the YFZ was cool but I'm a 2 stroke guy, took the banshee out and fell in love! I have so much into this baster that I cant just sell it so I guess next is a bigger carb!

I have a high compression head, bored 1 size over, ported, fmf fatty and turbine core II, v force 4 reeds, K and N air filer and an open air box.

I need recommendations on what brand and size carb I should get? I'm mostly a dune rider but sometimes switch it up and trail ride. I am not trying to turn this thing into a drag bike, I just want it to be a fast, well handling/running sports quad.

34mm carb I would think would be to big but I could be wrong. Looks like I can get one on ebay for about $180.

The FMF pipe will work no better with a larger carby.

It is a low/mid pipe which favours a small carby!
First of all what pipe should I get if I get a bigger carb? I had Ken do my engine work like I said and I was having jetting issues but felt I got it right this Friday. my plug chop looked good and my plug that I ran all weekend looked good! fires right up and idles good etc. When I was at the drag strip at silver lake my friend with another blaster and I raced down it about a half dozen times and he won half of them with a bone stock blaster. My dad says I should be blowing him away. I've been riding for years and I don't miss shifts very often so I know somethings just not right. Leak tested 3 times in the past month and its good. did it last week too. this is my plug chop and plug I ran all weekend.
IMG_2289.JPG
IMG_2291.JPG

What pipe should you get...

Anything right bend or a toomey will work great with a bigger carb. but good luck finding a right bend!

Don't know where you are in the Murder Mitten here's one in Nasty Hatchett : http://saginaw.craigslist.org/snw/4962420423.html

X2 on the SST, I know it's not used much on Banshee either. And at least on Banshee has it's own silencer, as I think it does with the Blaster, i.e. won't mate up with any other silencer.

Fat Bastard would be another, though just as hard to find.
Might look into a Shearer : http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=350 might find it for little less elsewhere.
http://www.shearerpipes.com/index.html

I've been happy with the fmf system and don't really understand why the Toomy system still being a left bend would be better than the fmf by that much. almost looks the same shape as the fmf too.
I do understand that the position of the expansion chamber does make a power difference but the fmf wont allow a bigger carb to do anything?! I just don't want to spend another $500 on a different pipe that wont do anything much more. Pulse I have to try and sell the fmf that's not even a year old.

i run a 34mm pj with my fmf fatty and it works just fine. it gave me alittle more topend and a noticable power everywhere else. i feel the fmf fatty is more of a mid range then a low/mid pipe. here is what duncan racing says about a 34 pj for a blaster
http://www.duncanracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=K-CR34-K
I'm happy with a blasters top speed. I just want power when i'm in the sand. What mods do you have on your blaster and jet size with elevation? I need to get a close guess so I don't blow it up lol

Vitos 240 big bore , fmf fatty ,34mm pj carb 48 pilot cel needle on bottom slot, main is 172 now but im going down soon because its getting warmer at 18ft above sea level

Thanks! I think I'm going to be way different than you being a stock size but ported and being in Michigan at 850 feet.

U will probably need the cel needle, 48 pilot will be close main I would start at a 162 and work my way down but that will probably be really rich for u but better safe then sorry

I called Duncan and I gave them a lot of information to get my jetting close on a new 34mm PJ. The other quick question is should I buy the $300 air box from Duncan or get the CFM one on ebay? I was reading that the CFM one is great quality but doesn't mount good?

I wish there was a way so that I wouldn't have to cut my rear fender because its in such good shape and original to the bike. :(

I wish there was a way so that I wouldn't have to cut my rear fender because its in such good shape and original to the bike. :(
I have a white rear fender already cut for the cfm airbox. It's not in the best shape. But if you wanted to retain the original I could part with it. It has a few cracks.

I have a white rear fender already cut for the cfm airbox. It's not in the best shape. But if you wanted to retain the original I could part with it. It has a few cracks.
I'm looking for a rear fender for my blaster how much you want for the fender