What jetting?

MasonBraaps

Jul 9, 2015
I have a 96 blaster with fmf fatty gold series and powercore silencer, I premix my gas and I'm about 85m above sea level and it's usually 25 degrees celcius out. what jetting would you guys suggest?

What ratio do you mix at?
Airbox lid on or off?
type of air filter?
stock carb?
have you leak tested your engine?
if not you need to

What ratio do you mix at?
Airbox lid on or off?
type of air filter?
stock carb?
have you leak tested your engine?
if not you need to
I mix 32:1
Air box lid off
UNI filter ( I think)
Stock carb
And I haven't leak tested..what happens if there is one?

if your engine has a leak you have to find where it is leaking from and replace gaskets or seals.
your motor has to be air tight and leak free before you can jet

if your engine has a leak you have to find where it is leaking from and replace gaskets or seals.
your motor has to be air tight and leak free before you can jet
I don't think it has a leak but where do I get a tester and does it need to be for a blaster...also the guy I bought it from has a 230 main jet in it is that right?

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/build-and-use-a-leakdown-tester.10663/

i would build one its alot cheaper and not too hard

a 230 main is meant for a stock blaster your main should be atleast a 260 or higher wth an fmf pipe
you said you were 85 m or 200 and something feet above sea level and 25 c which is 80 f soo
i would buy jets 260 270 280 290 300 start with a 300 and work your way down for best results by reading the plug

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/build-and-use-a-leakdown-tester.10663/

i would build one its alot cheaper and not too hard

a 230 main is meant for a stock blaster your main should be atleast a 260 or higher wth an fmf pipe
you said you were 85 m or 200 and something feet above sea level and 25 c which is 80 f soo
i would buy jets 260 270 280 290 300 start with a 300 and work your way down for best results by reading the plug

I have a a 300 but the one lowest to that one that I own is a 220 so put the 300 in?
And there is no easier way than a plug chop

Don't put the cart in front of the horse sorta speak. You'll be chasing your tail if you don't do a leak down test to verify that it does not leak first. After it is confirmed air tight you should pull the carb apart and take note of what pilot size, and needle position is.

Reactions: dirtysquared