what is this?????

I don't think that a 4 stroke.... look how low the carburetors sit on the back of the engine.

I swear that looks like a 350 air cooled twin 2 stroke of some sort with only little dump pipe on each cylinder instead of a tuned exhaust. Kawasaki made a Mach III 350 called the S2. Perhaps someone shoved a kawasaki street bike engine into a blaster frame...

looks similar to the kawaski 350 s2...

Kawasaki500H1DSpecial_opt.jpg

I don't think that a 4 stroke.... look how low the carburetors sit on the back of the engine.

I swear that looks like a 350 air cooled twin 2 stroke of some sort with only little dump pipe on each cylinder instead of a tuned exhaust. Kawasaki made a Mach III 350 called the S2. Perhaps someone shoved a kawasaki street bike engine into a blaster frame...

I dont think it can be a 2 stroke judging by the sound and the fact is has a 4 inch exhaust... 2 strokes need the expansion chamber in the exhaust to run properly. I dunno, maybe you are right. Just a guess.

Guessing all the wiring hanging out might be EFI as well...

I dont think it can be a 2 stroke judging by the sound and the fact is has a 4 inch exhaust... 2 strokes need the expansion chamber in the exhaust to run properly. I dunno, maybe you are right. Just a guess.

Guessing all the wiring hanging out might be EFI as well...

2 stroke doesn't have to have a tuned expansion chamber to run. It has to have a tuned expansion chamber to run WELL. LOL With a short "headpipe" the pressure wave is passing out into the air without being used to draw the old charge out or push the new charge back in.

Paulie, I think the "4 stroke sound" is simply expanding gasses coming out of a short piece of headpipe.

It looks like a kawasaki Mach II S2 engine shoehorned into a blaster frame.

Last edited:
X2 on SI it's not hadt to believe all the hinds of odd sized 4 and 2 cylinder streetbike motors people put into quad frames all I can say is I hope the frame is tough enough to handle all the weight from a 4 stroke motor.

That definitely sounds like a 2 stroke twin to me. Before expansion chambers were thought of the way you got a 2 stroke to breathe better, was to kinetically tune the header pipes.

Awwww it's a baby banshee :p
Def carb not efi- I seen the carb haha

Also sic is right about the straight pipe. If your old enough and into r/c there was a time before expansion chambers.
'tuned' straight pipes were used. I used to run a tuned straight pipe on my 1/4 scale raco jackrabbit which can be seen on the quarterscale legends website (shameless self promotion :p)

I'm old enough, and cut my teeth on kinetically tuned "Villers" header pipes way prior to expansion chambers.

If I remember correctly to get the best out of a tuned header pipe an excessive amount of spark advance had to be used.

If you were slack with the kickstart and it fired early it would give you a sore leg and just about lift you over the handlebars.