What is this thing called?

Brodie

May 3, 2009
North Dakota
Hey guys, the tech at the dealership pointed to this and said "you could use a new one". Problem is, I have no idea what it is called. It's the little white plastic roller thingy. :-/

Attachments

• roller.JPG
    roller.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 261
Its called a seal guard. To put it on you have to unbolt your top shock mount, and under the long bolt that passes through the frame, swingarm and motor. After that the swingarm should come right out. Remove the old seal guard, put a new one on and then just re assemble it.

they also make aftermarket ones that dont spin and the chain just rides on them. i bought one and it works awsome. all i did was cut that one off with dykes and bolt the new one in place

it was posted as "YAM WARRIOR-BLASTER CHAIN GUIDE SLIDER SET W/ ROLLERS." Theirs another set on their(just looked). And it takes some work to get the arm guide on cause it doent wanna fit over the dust seal. i did alittle careving to mine and got it to fit.

Ok thanks a ton joedirt, I appreciate it. Is there any way you could take a pic of how yours is mounted? The ones on eBay don't look anything like my stock roller.

Thesre are the best i can do, one cause its coverd in mud from tonight and its not in a very visable spot
2j5m8ow.jpg

2znsjf4.jpg

this is the rear slider, the one right in front of the rear sprocket.
this will not fit if you have and skid guard as mine does. (shown in picture)
i left the one peice off cause i need the guard with the type of riding i do
5ees1h.jpg

vopz13.jpg

its very easy for the most part to put on. and you dont need to take anything apart except the chain to put this on. But it does take some work to put that front peice in(might have to shave some off the inside ring to get it to fit. And as the rear slider goes mine wasnt warn very much so i left it alone but if you wanna u need to take ur skid pan off to make it fit.

no prob man here to help. ur gunna love this site man, their so much information and free help. ive learned so much in 2 moths of reading. like i said were all here to help

Hey guys, the tech at the dealership pointed to this and said "you could use a new one". Problem is, I have no idea what it is called. It's the little white plastic roller thingy. :-/

Thats a Chain Roller... You might want to replace it with a "Banshee front chain guide SLIDER" around 35$

example: BANSHEE BLASTER SWINGARM FRONT CHAIN SLIDER GUIDE:eBay Motors (item 260383838755 end time May-25-09 11:41:45 PDT)

Or the full kit: around 75$
Example :MODQUAD CHAIN SLIDER-GUIDE SET YAM BANSHEE BLASTER BLUE:eBay Motors (item 110389029166 end time Jun-10-09 19:47:12 PDT)

Last edited by a moderator: