what is the diffrence

redline redneck

Apr 7, 2010
Fond Du Lac WI
as the title says, i was wondering what the diffrence is between these two sets of reeds. the dark colored ones are the ones that came off the bike, and the light colored ones are off the new jug i got..

stock and maybe boyesens? the second set is some sort of dual stage anyway.

yeah, they not tight like they should be, that why i had picked up the other reeds when i got the option. they look like a solid piece that is tight to the cage except for the little petals which as you can see is not tight

The second set is put on backwards. the top stage goes on the bottom the bottom petals go on the top! But they are trashed especially that one side.

The tops look like perfect pro series reeds!

yeah, i saw that, that why i picked up the other one. i was just wondering which one is better, and if i should try to get a set like the old ones or stick with the replacement i got

The Boysen cage is the one that I would prefer to run, but it needs new reeds.

You will notice quite a difference between the stock and the Boysens.

The second set is put on backwards. the top stage goes on the bottom the bottom petals go on the top! But they are trashed especially that one side.

Thats what i thought too, but i thought again and said "nooooo" that cant be right, then i did an edit and blamed it on my glasses.B)