what do i need to do to put a 34mm carb on the blaster?

kx80berger

Sep 1, 2009
look behind you
ok no one has bought my 34mm mikuni carb so now i want to just put it on mine what do i need to do can i use the stock intake boot i know i need a pod filter i have a twist throtle on it will i need to change the cable i dont have the tors and more what size jets should i start at i have a ptr pipe duncan racing muffler trail p and p 70 over piston head shaved 4 degre timming mod

with a 34 mill carb u will need to buy a reed spacer so that the bottom of the carb will clear the clutch lever on the top of the case. your cable should work with no probs. and u will have to buy a bigger intake boot bc the bigest carb i have got to fit is 30mill. you can try to use a blow dryer and see if u can heat it up a little and get it to stretch over the 34 mill but more than likely will not work with stock boot. i have try and never worked for me but may for u. as far as jetting what mods u got and what brand of carb u got??

i used a dremel on my stock intake boot and opened it up enough to put a 36mm mikuni in it. and then heated and stretched the airbox side to fit. AND it actually cleared the clutch arm. not by much, you could get a couple pieces of paper in there though lol

worked like a charm, just used a sanding drum and it took about 2 minutes including taking it off the motor lol

and if u wanna run the stock air box i know u can go and get about a 2" peace of pvc pipe and a ruber drain boot from a hardware store and make it fit. it would be cheaper than buying a new air filter plus not a big fan of elimination of air box.

yes the dremel on the inside of the intake works....and you dont need a spacer just twist the carb a tad to clear the clutch arm

as far as jetting to start with

50-55 pilot
148-150 main
needle in 3rd clip

those are starting points you will need to do plug chops and make adjustments acording to the plug chops

yes the dremel on the inside of the intake works....and you dont need a spacer just twist the carb a tad to clear the clutch arm

as far as jetting to start with

50-55 pilot
148-150 main
needle in 3rd clip

those are starting points you will need to do plug chops and make adjustments acording to the plug chops

that would be fine for a kehin, but for a mikuni idk on pilot, main i would start around 340, and start with the middle clip position and work your way from there.

Buy an EGT... the only way to jet accuratly. you do realize that jetting varies with ambient temperature, elevation and barometric pressure, not to mention that one guys trail port and polish can be very different than the next guys. then there is compression... coupled with the fact that pod filters can have a very poor effect on proper metering.

Buy an EGT... the only way to jet accuratly. you do realize that jetting varies with ambient temperature, elevation and barometric pressure, not to mention that one guys trail port and polish can be very different than the next guys. then there is compression... coupled with the fact that pod filters can have a very poor effect on proper metering.

how do you install a egt i am interested in installing one

you ziptie the guage to the bars so you can see it. and you drill a small hole at a certain point on your pipe and the probe slides in the hole and is held on by a hose clamp. once its jetted you plug the hole in the pipe with a sheet metal screw

you ziptie the guage to the bars so you can see it. and you drill a small hole at a certain point on your pipe and the probe slides in the hole and is held on by a hose clamp. once its jetted you plug the hole in the pipe with a sheet metal screw

hmm can you install one to stay on the bike so you can keep an eye on it at all times