What aftermarket parts are worth getting?

extended a-arms steering stabilizer/ aftermarket shocks,exhaust system, port work what kind of power do u want in a pipe low/mid or /mid top

Last edited:
someone told me exhust is not worth it becasue its so loud i have a DG exhust but they said leave the stock on there is that good advice?

thts the worst pipe ever a stock pipe is better than tht get a fmf or lrd or power pros ct f7 any right bend or a fmf or toomey

You should be a little nicer to the guy... A DG is not worse than a stock. There about the same exhaust. If you want a nice exhaust dont waste 300 bucks on a FMF get a dynoport or a vitos exhaust for a little but more money. The best exhausts on ebay are a toomey and a trinity.

Like said above I think that DG is the worst performing aftermarket exhaust. A good exhaust will be a nice difference over stock, or DG for that matter.

Yeah exhausts are mainly the first thing you wanna do. A DG is not worse than stock or no one would buy it... Id go with a toomey if i were you for about 400 bucks lol

you already have the dg mazzle run it, And i have seen the differences from dg to stock and dg is deffinitly better then stock. NOT BY much but it dos breath abit better. i would recommennd a rechambered cyinder head.

is there any aftermarket parts worth buying like silencers jetting kits ect.?

Some of these guys are jumping the gun and giving advice, without knowing where and how you want to ride.

Aftermarket pipes come in different types to suit different needs.

There are pipes which accentuate the low/mid range, pipes that work well in the high register and pipes for sheer speed.

It would only be fair to you to at least ask where you ride and what you want to use the pipe for.

Some of these guys are jumping the gun and giving advice, without knowing where and how you want to ride.

Aftermarket pipes come in different types to suit different needs.

There are pipes which accentuate the low/mid range, pipes thsat work well in the high register and pipes for sheer speed.

It would only be fair to you to at least ask what you want to use the pipe for.

Listen to the old guy :p

You should be a little nicer to the guy... A DG is not worse than a stock. There about the same exhaust. If you want a nice exhaust dont waste 300 bucks on a FMF get a dynoport or a vitos exhaust for a little but more money. The best exhausts on ebay are a toomey and a trinity.

a dg is worst than stock i am beinh honest have you even ran a dynoport or vitos and fmf is perfectly fine its more power than stock and i still recomend it becuz they are cheaper and still work good

im new to quads just got my first one last thursday so if these seem like dumb questions im sorry.. are silencers worth buying?

If you want to annoy your neighbours run without a silencer, to keep the peace use one!

The only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

is there any aftermarket parts worth buying like silencers jetting kits ect.?

Like "Triple crown" said,...a rechambered head is awesome! I did my own recently,and was very happy with the results! Next best thing to a pipe upgrade!

Before you go and dump $400 on a toomey pipe set up,I suggest getting your cylinder ported,and your head modified (rechambered) which will cost less than the pipe upgrade your considering in the first place. These upgrades still works good with the stock exhaust,and will even be better when you upgrade the pipe at a leter date. A ported cylinder and head mod with a stock exhaust will stomp just a pipe upgrade any day of the week.

Just for the record... stock pipes don't suck. They do they're job very well. its the stock silencer that restricts a bit,not terrible,but obviously not as good as,(or loud) an after market silincer. They are obviously about 5 to 6 pounds heavier than an aftermarket pipe/silencer.

Just my 2 cents.

^^^ i agree. you will only end up back tracking by adding this and that only to find out AFTER you build your motor that the things you bought do not work well together as a whole. start off getting your current set-up running well and reliable! then look into what style of riding you do, how often and what kind of performance you really want.

I've been very happy with my fmf gold series fatty, as well as just about everyone that runs one ( especially over stock ). I think a point that needs to be stressed reguarding exhausts is the difference between silencers and headers/downpipes. Silencers are mainly for sound, and slightly improve performance. A header/downpipe is where the noticable gains in performance are. Some good cheap mods would be head work as said above, flywheel lightening ( higher revs ), advancing your timing which is free if you DIY, after market reeds greatly improve throttle response over stock, and either remove your airbox lid or what I personally recommend is buy air box vents for $10 and remove your snorkel.