Well it's been a while but I'm back, with a "new" Blaster!

might be one of those pro circuit pipe that they tack weld the emblem on lol
my bet is procicuit,they fall off,or dg pipe
:) example not the actual blaster pipe
pipw 1.jpg

Last edited:
Well it kinda does, different pipes have different flow, was wanting to find out mainly for a better guess at it and yeah I'd like to know regardless. I think I'll start with a #265 main. Know of any place that sells a jet kit cheaper than Rocky mtn besides ebay? A Dynojet kit on Rocky Mtn. is like $50..but then again I've never really had to buy many jet kits so idk if that's an good price, FMF sell kits them for 50-60

Well it's a possibility Speedy, but I didn't see any of the leftover metal from a weld. and are DG basically just shiny stock pipes right? idk It's been a minute since I've done this Blaster stuff lol :D

Well it's a possibility Speedy, but I didn't see any of the leftover metal from a weld. and are DG basically just shiny stock pipes right? idk It's been a minute since I've done this Blaster stuff lol :D

yep, i'm guessing a DG pipe.
and skip the jet kits, they seldom contain the correct jets
order individual jets that you actually need...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIKUNI-HEX-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2311067205&vxp=mtr

order extras now and only pay shipping once.

btw...same as my ranger, exact factory bedliner and all, except mine isn't the FX4 package, but i did add the bilstein shocks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 04YamahaRider
Thanks Awk! I would give ya some rep..but that's been changed apparently so I gave you one of them 'like' things lol. Does your Ranger have the 4.0 with a 5-spd manual? mines the '04 so unfortunately it's the auto t-case. But either way they're pretty stout little trucks, If only they where as tough as the Blasters :D

With a spring, rules out DMC, so I guess the starting point for the stock needle is middle clip.

The majority of aftermarket pipes call for a #260 main jet as a starting point for a setup with zero mods.

Start big and plug chop to perfection!

Indeed Blaaster! Close to perfection is good enough for me. I'll Start with ordering these, #275,#270,#265,#260,#255, #250. I doubt I'll need any higher for a long while, only thing done to this one is the pipe and that will be it. I liked my old stock blaster like it was, it was just enough to do what I needed to do with it. If I need speed, I've got a YFZ450 for that craving :D

Does your Ranger have the 4.0 with a 5-spd manual? mines the '04 so unfortunately it's the auto t-case. But either way they're pretty stout little trucks, If only they where as tough as the Blasters :D

'02 XLT 4.0 auto trans, decent truck and definately got balls, but i'm ready for a big upgrade soon :)

truck.jpg

'02 XLT 4.0 auto trans, decent truck and definately got balls, but i'm ready for a big upgrade soon :)

Nice Ranger! What 'upgrade' are you thinking about getting? I reckon the only upgrade you'd need is a 302 with a T-5 manual ;) You'd get better mpgs than a fullsize with basically the same power..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well scratch that last on the jets they messaged me saying they only had increments of 10. So that's been changed to #240,#250,#260,#270,#280,#290. That's more than I'll need before I get it about right, but eh what the heck

New site since I've been here!? DEFINITELY going to take some getting used to....Well I've had a crazy couple of years with death, moving, gaining and losing jobs, multiple projects and so on but I finally got another Blaster over the weekend after I had parted ways with my ole '95 Blasty a couple years ago. I wasn't planning on getting another Blaster until I could afford one, being that I lost my job and am having issues acquiring a new one (being 18yrs old and just graduated H.S. apparently means I'm dumb and can't do anything besides crappy fastfood jobs to people here). But I just couldn't pass up this deal, it was pretty good and very close to my house so I had to snatch it up being a basket case or not. . I have what I believe is a 1990 Blaster, the guy I got it from didn't know the year and sold it as "non running or for parts only" with a some extras, a worn out Clymers repair manual, an extra carb and seat, engine side cover, the old oil pump/pump drive gear and misc nuts and bolts that are in horrible condition. 4 sets of rear tires, 1 set of front. All have rims and only 1 set is completely bald. So for $240. I think I did okay for randomly finding this on eBay 5 miles away from my house. My buddy Dale (pictured) helped me unload this pile haha View attachment 11830

"Holy RUBBER'S Batman!"