Well it's been a while but I'm back, with a "new" Blaster!

04YamahaRider

Jun 11, 2011
Cullman, Alabama
New site since I've been here!? DEFINITELY going to take some getting used to....Well I've had a crazy couple of years with death, moving, gaining and losing jobs, multiple projects and so on but I finally got another Blaster over the weekend after I had parted ways with my ole '95 Blasty a couple years ago. I wasn't planning on getting another Blaster until I could afford one, being that I lost my job and am having issues acquiring a new one (being 18yrs old and just graduated H.S. apparently means I'm dumb and can't do anything besides crappy fastfood jobs to people here). But I just couldn't pass up this deal, it was pretty good and very close to my house so I had to snatch it up being a basket case or not. . I have what I believe is a 1990 Blaster, the guy I got it from didn't know the year and sold it as "non running or for parts only" with a some extras, a worn out Clymers repair manual, an extra carb and seat, engine side cover, the old oil pump/pump drive gear and misc nuts and bolts that are in horrible condition. 4 sets of rear tires, 1 set of front. All have rims and only 1 set is completely bald. So for $240. I think I did okay for randomly finding this on eBay 5 miles away from my house. My buddy Dale (pictured) helped me load & unload this pile haha
10527882_694657947276283_3999971931876566179_n.jpg

Last edited:
good to see you back around !
nice deal for the $

After I cleaned the carb (I noticed it had stock jets with a #230 main) So I'll have to re-jet for whatever that pipe is, It has absolutely 0 markings so I have no idea what it is. The Compression is pretty low @ 106psi, it will run if on throttle, will not idle at all. When I did get it kicked over it was burning a LOT of white smelly smoke so once I get some crank seals and jets I'll re-compression test it and I might actually try to tune the thing (or just put a top end on it). but regardless of it being a pile, I'm happy to have a Blaster again!

I'd like to hear y'alls thoughts! Kind or harsh..throw em at me lol

Last edited:
Welcome back.

Somehow, looking at the back of your truck reminds me of one of BFs members, Harley 1-5.

Nice deal on the bike and bits!

Its got 1 spring holding it on just like the stock pipe I believe, It's not currently at my house so I can't go check. The 1 pic I have showing it is a bit fuzzy but I'll upload it anyway.

Yeah, I'm not real sure. I mean, jetting doesn't really have anything to do with knowing what brand pipe you have anyway. Start big, work your way down. The only reason you might care what pipe is on there is for your own satisfaction, or resale.

I'd say jet it and rock out.