water in tire.

yz360

Jan 23, 2009
WNY
so i got two parts blasters and one had nice set of tires on it but some one had put water in them does any one know a way to get it out?!?!?!?!?. i called a tire place and they said $15 a tire im like ill try it first lol

Thanks,
yz360

When I got my blaster a couple of the tires had some water in them. I popped a small hole in the middle of the tread, spun the tire so the hole faces the floor, and just kept adding air to keep the pressure up. The air pressure forces all the water out, then do a plug.

na i pulled the valve stem and its water but i cant get it all out so idk what to do

spend the money to have a tire place take the tire off get the water out and put it back on. Its not worth it to put a hole in your tire and have to fill it up all the time. JMO

all you do it keep adding air to the tire and then take the inside of the valve stem out and it will shoot the water out from the pressure and you just keep doing that.my friend had a swamp buggy with water filled tires and thats how we got all the water out of them

Just debead the tire. Take the tire off the quad, lay it flat and put enough pressure on...... heres a movie, im sick of typing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just debead the tire. Take the tire off the quad, lay it flat and put enough pressure on...... heres a movie, im sick of typing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anyY0UO5gqk&feature=related

That guy makes it look easy!!! Although I'm sure the beads on a motorcycle tire are a little different than an ATV tire.

I would just fill it with pressure and keep popping out the valve stem. I can't seem to pop the beads on the front tires. I drove over the sidewall with my 36" super swampers, and the bead didn't budge!!! I duno how people can do ATV tires by hand!

yeah me either. i tried it once, tire/rim flat on floor, air drained, me standing on tire and my brother hitting in between my feet with a sledge.... very unsafe and to no avail.

Just pop the bead, a piece of wood and a car or truck works, then get all the water out and reseat the bead, use a rachet strap around the tire and alot of air, or you could spray carb cleaner or something and light it up. Good Luck

you can easilly remove the valve core w/ a tiny driver, or get a core driver from an auto store for like a buck. then put in a lot of air (w/ the wheel off the quad) w/ the core removed and turn the wheel around to get the water near the valve, this should get out every drop.
as for breaking the bead on an atv tire, yes it's 10x harder than doing a motorcycle tire. a motorcycle bead can be broken w/ a C clamp or a bead breaker clamp. an atv's front tire can be broken w/ a table vise, but it ain't easy. an atv rear tire might be able to be broken w/ a table vise, but the only way i've been able to do is by pinching the tire in a vise and cutting the steel right at the bead w/ a dremel.
also, if you're gonna try to pop the bead back on w/ lighter fluid, make sure you've got the core back in and your compressor on hand. as soon as you light it up it'll pop the bead but then the flame consumes a lot of the o2 in the tire, this will make the tire start to collapse on itself. you have to quickly fill the tire w/ air or remove the valve core.
i find it easier to just spray a ton of wd-40 on the bead prior to install and ratchet strap the tire and fill it up w/ way too much air, like 60-70 lbs.