walsh blaster hybrid

Kgibson

Nov 4, 2009
Florida
Check out the pipe..... looks like a 250r header with a blaster stinger

iqhahi.jpg

i would run that exhaust but i would try it out where did u find this is there a read up on it or is it for sale locally????

more than likely an after market 250r based frame ????

wish our frames would allow a straight pipe like that !!!!

and whoever rides that better have damn big feet, that brake pedal looks to be 12" in front of the pegs

i wouldnt have bought that i ment thats neat i would have made one like it isnt there a guy on here that rus a 250r pipe his bike is silver plastics and accents of blue and has a grey 250r pipe cant think of his name i am curriouc how that pipe would run i would never buy it whem i could make it

I remember the days when 400ex/blaster hybrids and R/blaster hybrids ruled the aircooled class. Glad the rules changed on that, but that is a cool and well done hybrid.
I wonder how much the chassis work cost? Also that pipe looks like it took some time to engineer, bet that was a pretty penny. Dude has similar taste to me considering the GTO in the background and tools/garage equipment shown.

Glad to see he's putting the 250 engine back in it as well!I:I

I gathered a great deal of information on this as I am trying to pull off the same thing. It was a Walsh frame that was modified. The frame modifications were actually the easy part. The challenge is the swingarm and the pipe. I had no idea it would be this hard to get these mods done. All the big aftermarket companies want a ridiculous amount of money to make this happen.

If anyone is interested in trying this, keep in mind there is no weight increase, as the 86' 250R weighed just slightly more than the Blaster does. Also, be aware that you want to go with the 86 chassis not the later model one. The later model chassis's have a cross bar that will complicate things. Happy hunting!!!

Wifeblaster, can you provide more info on the 250R based frames? You have any images, or know how I can learn more about it like price, how to order, even how much? Any info. you could provide would be awesome.