Vito's superstock Piston

well if you bought the forged one then its not a bad piston, but if its the cast one then i would see if you can return it before you use it because cast pistons dont hold up well and are known to shatter, kinda interesting how it is different than stock...basically the intake windows are opened up a little more(which probably does nothing), and the exhaust side is milled out lower to essentially raise the exhaust port to simulate porting. It probably doesnt add 5hp like they say but hey a forged piston is a forged piston. next time check out wiseco ultra lites...some of the best pistons made

the intake windows are larger so when the piston is at bdc they're not blocked off they're more open allowing more air/fuel to pass into the cylinder

the intake windows are larger so when the piston is at bdc they're not blocked off they're more open allowing more air/fuel to pass into the cylinder

and becuase of this there is less meat/strength , they will crack and shatter at the intake bridge usually taking out the jug and sometimes the crank with them if yo ulet it go too long .the piston is going up and down 9,000 revolutions even if it had no holes/intake ports it would draw the emulsified fuel in .alot ofegnines have no intake windows on their pistons and often they are added only to aid in directly lubricating the wrist pin bearings .the super stock piston adds hardly any power maybe 1 or 2 horses at the cost of long term reliability
and if its ported it will really throw off the exhaust duration and the blowdown timing by using them

So are you saying that it is not good to port the cylinder with the vito's piston? Just wondering because i was planning on getting it done. Thanks very much for everyone's input, i rely do appriciate it!

vitos super stock piston is made to go in a un-ported cylinder...period .the reason ppl are blowing up there blasters messing the bore up is becuz they dont re-jet after adding a piston like vitos or airfilter or w/e