Vito's rebuild, need jetting suggestions

2-stroke-mingming

Jan 30, 2008
Selma, California
I'm new to the forum but I've been riding atv's for 20 years. I've just received all the parts for rebuilding my son's blaster motor, including a Vito's stroker crank (3mm), and a Vito's ported piston @ .040 over. Other than that, the bike is completely stock down to the oem airbox and filter. Any suggestions on what size jets I should put in the stock carb? Thanks, any info would be appreciated. Oh and by the way, we ride at around 3800 ft and temperatures right now ranging from 40-60 degF.

Howdy

Welcome!!

Not an exact science. Also take the TORS off and remove the lid and just run the filter, preferably get a better foam filter. With what you got, plus what I told you, I would expect Johnny on the Spot Jet to be a 290. I would chuck in a 310 and check the plug. If the plug is black AND wet drop it down until it's not rich. I think she will be fine in that range and a little rich during break in is good. If you want max Performance without doing anything else (a good exhaust would do wonders!!) you will lean the carb out after break in. I would expect that to be down around 290. That said, your motor may want a 330 or a 260. The spark plug knows. Learn to read them and how to dial in an engine. Oh yea, make sure you give the carb a good diss./clean job.

A

Cool thanks for the advice, I'm gonna do exactly as you said. Do you think with these vito parts I'll get a big power gain. I'ld like for him to hang with me on my stock banshee. Do you think I'll need to mess with the pilot jet? And where should I set the airscrew?

Last edited:
i dont know much about jetting but i know a 72mmboreX57+3mm crank=244cc (you gotta move around the decimal to get that number lol)

but yeah his blaster should be up to about 244cc or more im guesing alot more acualy because i heard that if you add a +4mm stroke it makes the stock cylander 209cc.. but yeah he shoudl be abel to keep up with your banshee and i think he might even be able to take you in a 1/4 or 1/8 mile drag! i doubt it tho.

Not much

You really won't get a bunch of improvement with that stock pipe. It choked the stock engine, so it will hold this back, too. Don't expect much more than a pretty good torque (which is power) increase.

A

if you dont wanna rebuild any time soon i would get a forged wiseco piston insted, and to hang in with a stock shee i would get some port work done with that stroker to get the full potential out of it, along with a bigger carb, reeds, and a good pipe, thats if you wanna spend that kinda money. he'll probly be not far behind with all of that