How well a Vito's fat Bastard pipe would be

• Vito's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vito's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

brian degand

May 9, 2015
Hi guys I'm new to this site. I was wondering how well a Vito's fat Bastered pipe would be on my blaster. Is a stock motor with a hot rods crank . an a new namura piston. An v force 3 reeds. Thanks

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I believe the Fat bastard pipe was designed for the Vito's 240 or alike big bore. I think it is a larger volume pipe. You might be ok with it but there would be better pipe options with a stock bore. If you want to sell it I would be interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: brian degand
Thanks guys. I just bought it its only been on a blaster for 2 races. I'm goin to try it out . I'll let you guys know how it goes. I love the look of it. ! Thanks again !

Anyone on here ever ran a fat bastard on 240 build? That's what I got on my build but I'm still in the beginning stages of jetting so I don't know how good it is yet. I also am curious to see how it compares to a right bend.

Started out with it on a bone stock motor, worked ok/good. Also depends on your riding style, it is a top end pipe.
Do some DIY porting, or get it done, you will really like it.

You MUST rejet for it. Always start rich and work your way down.

Do
It
Yourself

As to jetting, that was years ago :confused: I would say 300 to start with. Middle clip, maybe one richer. Stock pilot, 1 1/2 turns. I'll see what I have in it now, even though it's ported it might gog my old grey matter.

Lol . already did that with the exhaust port. But thanks for the response. An I will try that with my carb. I really appreciate everyone trying to help me !!!

Screenshot_2015-05-11-04-58-35.png

Could anyone give me some input on how the pipe connects to the flange for the fat bastard? I have a fairly noticeable exhaust leak somewhere in that connection and I'd like to get it sealed off pretty good before I continue with my jetting. I haven't gotten a chance to get the soapy water out and see if it the pipe-flange connection or the flange-cylinder connection thats leaking. I do have a brand new exhaust gasket on the flange though so I'm thinking it is probably the pipe-flange connection. I have the o-ring seated in the groove on the inside of the pipe. If its leaking because of bad seal around that o-ring than is it ok to put a little red rtv on the connection to seal it off completely?

Clean the pipe and flange with brake cleaner, allow to dry. Use hi-temp rtv, allow to dry 24 hrs min, depending on weather/humidity. Never had prob with mine leaking. Add a sparky just like I did. Have to watch the wheelies, you'll rip it off :mad:

To Brian: I have 320 with full porting, so start with 310 if only ported on ex. I have a Vito's blue needle, so not a lot of help, so start one notch richer than middle (raise) just to be safe. No one runs WFO all the time, more time is spent mid range. If it burbles drop the needle, if it's zinggy, raise it. Might consider half/3-4 plug chop. You can use throttle limiter on throttle to hold constant opening.

Ok . sounds good !! I'm goin to try it tomorrow ! An I will for sure let you know how it all works out. I hope it does work out Lol. Pretty depressing a fresh motor runs like sh*t . I thank you guys again !!!!

Xtra fuel actually keeps the piston/cylinder cooler.

I apologize,, I really cant think of a way to explain it without confusing you more. I am sure someone on here can explain it so it will make sense. :)

Last edited: