Vito's 3mill Stroker

Cadeb

Sep 6, 2015
I have a CT240 ported and I am wondering weather I should get a stroker, is it worth it? I would love opinions, thanks.

Not unless you are racing and looking for every last hp or need a crank anyway.

I have a Vitos BBK and 3mm stroker myself, assembled as manufacturer suggests.
We are able to get more power with a stock bore/stroke Blaster with port and head work.

vehicles-236367-0-52880900-1476409303.jpg

However I have big hopes for the additional displacement WITH the port and head work.

Steve

We are able to get more power with a stock bore/stroke Blaster with port and head work.

However I have big hopes for the additional displacement WITH the port and head work.

Steve
I have a head for 50/50 and a aggressive trail port, I need a crank. Do you think it would be worth it, any potential issues

If you need a crank anyway, it is worth the extra money.
Few issues with 3mm. You must check clearances between rod, case and cylinder where you may need some minor clearance grinding.

Steve

Reactions: Larry's Shee

Steve
How is it that a stock cylinder with port and head work are able to produce more than a vito's bbk?

How is it that a stock cylinder with port and head work are able to produce more than a vito's bbk?

HP is made through Pressure X Displacement X Number of powerstrokes/min.

With port and head work you are able to raise the Cylinder Pressure and powerstrokes/min. Effect multiplies.
If you raise the displacement by 25% but reduce the RPM by 25% there is no gain.

Headwork and porting can easily raise the Blaster's 17hp to the range of the DT200's 32hp.
The BBK raises displacement from 195cc to 232cc which with its better flow delivers about 25hp by my butt dyno.
A stroker crank increases displacement further, but also reduces powerband rpm.

That is the theory behind the real life experience.
Yes the Vitos BBK and head can be modified for more power too.

Steve

If you need a crank anyway, it is worth the extra money.
Few issues with 3mm. You must check clearances between rod, case and cylinder where you may need some minor clearance grinding.

Steve

When I did my stroker, I assembled the cylinder one one case half so I could see the clearance (or lack of) and actually doubled the suggested amount. Vito's calls for .020 IIRC.