vitos 240 sleeve?

blasterfinatic

Jun 20, 2013
Kentucky
I don't have the most for a full 240 big bore kit so I found an vitos 240 sleeve and want to know if it will fit in my stock blaster cylinder. I have a good local cycle shop to install it. They have done plenty of work on my banshee and yz 250so I know they can do a good job. Also will it give me plenty of power and can I bore the 240 sleeve? Thanks for your responses.

well yes and no,the vitos 72mm sleeve is for the vitos cylinder jug because its 12 ports,as far as boring the 72mm even more thats a yes i think up to 73mm max,now im sure its possible to install a vitos 72mm but thats going to be big time work seeing that the vitos has a triple exhaust and intake boost ports so there might be welding required on a stock blaster cylinder now dont hold me too that but im pretty sure,as far as power yes on torque no on top end lol,id just send the stock cylinder to ken and about $150 plus the shipping to him its hang on time ha ha,hope i was of some help to you bud.

But if you bore out the sleeve even more doesn't it make it less reliable...
Isn't that why they stopped making the 260bbk? Because it was so thin it would crack easily...

Would a 240 sleeve give me a lot more power because I've heard that it doesn't really help much unless you port and polish it? And would my 30mm carb be big enough? It uses a lot of gas

Yea but the cylinder would be so thin that you could ride it for maybe an hour then it would blow up... correct me if im wrong

The cylinder wouldnt be any thinner. You put in a new sleeve with eack bbk. You can NOT bore a stock to anything above about 202cc.

You basically cut out the current cylinder, drill out the jug so it can hold the new sleeve, and press it in. All requires special tools

Detonation is what happens with the 265cc bbk's. That can happen with any size, just happens more often on the bigger ones.