VIN on 2001 Yamaha Blaster

lukewozniak2000

Jan 8, 2011
UP NORTH
Hey guys,

I have a 2001 Blaster and would like to register it with the DNR for trail riding. The problem that I am having is that there is no VIN on the quad because it was in a bad crash and the frame was bad, so a new frame is on it now. Is there a secondary number that I can use to register with the DNR. I live in WI.

Thanks for your help in advance.

yeah. I could not find a number on the frame. would the number be on the underside of the frame?? In WI if you dont have a title, you must have a VIN in order to register with the DNR. I looked and looked for a number but i just cant seem to find one.....???

The vin number would be on the side of the frame in between the shifter and front tire.On the bottom frame rail. You sure u dont have a stolen fourwheeler, I dont see how its passable to wreck it bad enough to scratch off all the vin

has the frame been painted or PC or anything like that?
Sometimes when people do this, the vin will get with sanded off from the prep work, or filled in from the paint.

thank everyone. I used the engine serial # and they accepted it. all is good. I really cant see a VIN number on the frame. there is nothing sanded off and nothing to tip me off that it is stolen. it is registered now, so i guess it's all good now.
thanks

if it was just painted, trying take some stripper on a rag and wiping away the area where the vin should be to see fi you can find it.