VIN check

Yeh I just typed the vin into Google and it told me what's up haha

Can anyone get this vin to work? We are looking at a bike and this is what the guy told us.
js1r541c072103576
I didn't get it to work but I was probably using the wrong websites

I put that vin in the check digit calculator an it's not a valid vin number. He obviously has at least 1 digit wrong. You need a correct vin to go any farther. Close isn't going to get you anywhere. Also, acording to the vin you have, the bike is a 2007.

Last edited:
Yes the bike is an 07. We are going to dmv to have it run but will have to call the guy too. We are going to look at the bike at 3 and I will get the right vin

I did not buy that dirt bike. It never even started when we went to his place
So i said screw it. even if it only needed a spark plug to run, it needed a few other things. it was clean but not perfect

Still working on the blaster vin. i want to do this legally, so im trying to get a title with the real vin #
Went to MN and they said the vin was never registered.
i took the notarized bill of sale to my local dmv and they wont accept it without previous registration. and that has a different number
they are looking into why it was "given the wrong number" but they just need to background check the vin #

Wow, sounds like a mess. When off road vehicles are sold new, they come with a Manufacturers Statement of Origin. The buyer does not have to register it with DMV. It's possible that it never was registered. If that's the case, it may be difficult or impossible to register it without the original MSO or MCO and a bill of sale from whoevers name is on it.

yeh i know. if all else fails i will title it as the 2001 the registration says

its weird, the serial number on the sticker registration (where vin goes) is 12 digits separated by a dash -
i still havent looked but im wondering if it matches the engine serial #