Vforce4 reed valves

Omelianair

Aug 3, 2015
I am using the v force 4 reed valves. I can only get minutes of ride time then the core housing (containing the reeds) pops out of the framing to the reed valve assembly. Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I have a defective part?

The spacer doesn't hold the reed cage together. The carb boot holds the reed center in.

If you use a reed spacer with v force reed cage, it should go like this: cylinder, gasket, reed spacer, gasket, reed cage, intake, carburetor.

If you use a reed spacer with v force reed cage, it should go like this: cylinder, gasket, reed spacer, gasket, reed cage, intake, carburetor.
I see what you are saying. So I'm assuming I need a new intake, cause the one I have has a lip that will keep it from being flush to the reed cage

You need to cut that lip off the intake so it will sit flush to the cage. Says so in the instruction manual that came with the reed cage. Unless you bought them second hand.

You need to cut that lip off the intake so it will sit flush to the cage. Says so in the instruction manual that came with the reed cage. Unless you bought them second hand.
Right on, I bought this economy hang. Thank you, I really appreciate it

No problem. Just take your time cutting the lip off, don't want to cut more than you need to.