VF3 porting

bigwill

Jun 6, 2011
joppa, md
I know some of you guys have ported your vf3's. I was wondering if I could remove the insert completely. I know there's a plate that's made for the shee, is there anything for the blasty? If not I will probably make something since I want max air flow for the dragger. Before I fab something up I wanted to see if there's anything available.

i have not seen anything available, and stock shee reed cages are smaller, vf3's also ?? so those plates prolly won't work,
what i did was reach thru my pro design intake, scribe a line around that opening onto the "plate" and port match those 2, it can only flow as much as the diameter hole in the intake, going any bigger is useless, IMO

i also tried running without the plate, it does not work, i forget if it was a jetting nightmare, or wouldnt run at all ???
but they need that plate !

here................

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/modding-vf3-reedcage-23766/

I kinda never finished my porting thread yet, but this is what i did to my insert, GONE!
just the outer ringThe thread is below, But I ended up with just the outer ring to hold the inner cage in, However I have not tried this setup yet! Other than removing the cross supports it really opened it up alot!
2mr8sh1.jpg

http://www.blasterforum.com/intake-136/vf3-reed-cage-porting-43411/

However I have not tried this setup yet! Other than removing the cross supports it really opened it up alot!

would you please hurry the hell up and test that thing already, LOL
i'd like a report before my motor gets back from ken so i know wether to go all out like that or not I:I

would you please hurry the hell up and test that thing already, LOL
i'd like a report before my motor gets back from ken so i know wether to go all out like that or not I:I

I attached it to my ass and it really hellped the braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap noise , So says my ass dyno!!

Joking aside- I know, I know, get moving! I can't stop PC'ing and painting everything, I have the sickness soooo bad!

Not sure about others but the insert on my custom V3's help hold the reed petals in place.

Yip for sure bro. I found that out the hard way when I had those V2's same problem, no insert would fire up , first bump/jump you hit the engine dies!

I think I'm gonna make a plate like the ones for the shee. We will see what I can come up with before the weekend.

Took some time to sit and look at the reed cage. I think I'm going to take the mounting plate and sand it down the 1/16th or so it takes to bring the reed cage flush to the intake so no plate is needed. Still undecided but just throwing idea's out there.