uses alot of gas

2003blast

Jun 16, 2009
i just got to take my blaster out for the irst time, i jjust rebuilt the motor, i let a friend drive it while i drove my 400z, he was taken it easy since it still breaking in. the blaster used 2gallons of gas and my 400 didn't use maybe 1/4 of gallon. i have a 330 main jet in it now, thats what i had laying around in my garage. would aa smaller jet help not to use so much gas?

i thats a stock carb thats a huuuuuuuge jet. stock is 230. my blaster does ok on gas but i only have a 240 jet in mine.

well hold up. dont be tossing in smaller jets just to get better fuel consumption. what mods do you have done?

forgot to mention... 330 seems high unless you have quite a few mods. but jet correctly, dont go lean.

wow! a 330 is the biggest jet they make for the stock carb... what mods are done to it??
it must run like total sh*t like that...

I had either a #310 or #330 in my stock carb (dont remember)... The jet came with the Toomey B1 Exhaust kit. It uses a little more gas, but hey it flies.. hehe

Big jet
airfilter
12 vents
Exhaust
silencer
flange

i am gonna get a 270 jet , i got a fmf header and silencer, foam filter, the guy i bought it off of never jeteed it i only had two jets laying around 330 and a 340 i live where nobody stocks anything so i have to order them

Jet according to what mods you have. A 330 is large unless you have some pretty major mods. I know that I was running a 250 main with all of the basic bolts ons.

I had my bike with the 250 main and my brothers with the Kennedy build P&P motor and his bike when through a tank of gas before mine went through 1/4 tank. He was running a 148 main in his Keihin.

The reason that adding all of these mods makes the bikes go faster is because the bike is consuming more GAS and AIR! So dont be suprised when you add major mods and cant ride you bike all day on a tank like you used to be able to.